Lackluster Lavender

✵♥⚘

✵♥⚘

"KATSUKI BAKUGO!! I swear to god, if you don't come out of your room I'll—"

"You'll what, mom?! Kill me?" He let out a scornful laugh.

It had been another week since Bakugo had left his room. Locked door, shut blinds, and music; lots and lots of music. It didn't matter what genre as long as it took away Bakugo's thoughts. A mix of rock and pop and even a little Lo-Fi Jazz. After the dinner incident he really didn't want to face his parents. Actually, he was fully against it. What if he slipped up?

"Suki, at least," her voice cracked, "at least eat something. I'll leave some soba out here. You can get it when you're ready." And with that, Mitsuki left.

Bakugo waited for her to get off the stairs and back into the kitchen before he cracked the door open. He shuddered as the cool air of the hallway hit his face. His room was about ten degrees warmer than the rest of the house. It didn't bother Bakugo. He snatched the bowl of noddles off the floor and closed his door.

With a sigh, Katsuki slumped into his swivel chair. He placed his soba on his desk and looked around his room. It was still a mess. The red walls were still a burnt burgundy—due to his tantrums—his bed sheets smelled of much more than body odor, and the ceiling wasn't white anymore.

Bakugo hadn't cleaned up in almost a month. His carpet had untouched homework papers and CD cases scattered around. Underneath all the mess hid pointy stems and dense flowers. Blood splatters that should have been taken care of were forgotten—forever cursed to stain the boy's floor. At times Bakugo would shuffle across his room to retrieve something and kicked some papers away, allowing him to see the true damage. He didn't care to cover them back up.

When was the last time he went to school? He kind of missed the shitty place, but what could be done? It was over. There was no point in going back when he was so close to dooms day.

Katsuki settled deeper into his chair and munched away on the soba.

A knock at his door made him almost drop his bowl. He practically threw it onto his desk as he marched over to his door.

"Go away you Old Hag!"

"Uhhhh, yeah dude, it's not your mom." Kaminari's voice filtered through Bakugo's closed door.

Bakugo stiffened. Why the fuck was Denki here?

It was probably some genius plan his parents had come up with. Because, who better than the one and only friend to coax Katsuki out of his room? Well, jokes on them.

A raspy cough slipped through Bakugo's defenses.

"Can... can I come in?"

"No–I don't think that's a good idea."