« ten »

Y'all I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing with this book.

With school back in session, everything just sort of calmed down for Joshua

With school back in session, everything just sort of calmed down for Joshua. The odd little dreams went away, people stared less and less and well, this one was at the top of the list, Ryan snapped out of his wolf daze and was basically back to normal.

In all honesty, it would probably only last for a few days or so but Joshua was literally not passing this up.

There was still one thing lurking in his mind ever since his little trip to the forest a night ago. He had no idea if it was a dream or reality and the only thing that proves that it was real was the large gash marks on his left legs knee and the surrounding blue and purple bruises around it. Of course, if you have those types of wounds you'd probably be limping or complaining of how bad it hurts or anything of the sort, but somehow he could walk just fine without having it hurt.

Joshua couldn't remember what had happened after passing out but he did recall waking up hours or so later in his own bed and his little golden pup right his side. That's when he decided to never go back to the forest.

The backpack weighed heavily on Joshua's back as he walked over to his car, yeah he had one but most of the time either his siblings stole it away from him or else he got grounded and wasn't allowed to use it. It was mostly his siblings anyways. The doors unlocked with ease as Joshua threw his backpack into the back seat before settling in the driver side, noticing his best friend walking out with Brendon by his side but decided against gaining their attention, today was one of those days where Joshua just wanted to be left alone.

His car radio had gotten stolen, or that's what his brother said, around a year ago so listening to music was not a to go to, instead just tapping his fingers against the steering wheel whenever he was at a stop sign or stop light. Joshua had a passion for drumming, it helped him with his anxiety and overall calmed him down whenever he was stressed. His very own drum set sat idly in one of the corners of the basement, draped over by a tarp but he had a feeling he'd be using it in a couple of days.

Joshua noticed his mothers car in the driveway, leaving him confused since his mother worked until ten at night and most of the time never got off work early unless if it was important or if it was her day off.

The engine shut off as Joshua took the keys out of the ignition, seeing the front door open up as he stepped out of the car and watched as his mother stepped out and perked up at the sight of her son.

"Hey sweetie, how was school?"

Joshua shrugged and followed his mom inside.

"It was ok, why are you home early? Is something important happening?"

His mother chuckled at the many questions that spilled from her son's mouth, leading Joshua towards the kitchen and stopping him before he could go any further.

"Yes and no, I got a call earlier today saying we were going to have a visitor so I got off of work early, I think you're going to like him."

Joshua's mother stepped into the kitchen and beckoned her son to follow, Joshua did but stopped immediately in his tracks.

The brown eyes that stared right at him had Joshua wide-eyed. They looked so familiar that Joshua had no trouble figuring out who the person was. The person was the goddamn basketball caption, the goddamn popular kid at school, and the goddamn person that had his eye out for Joshua since the first day of sophomore year.

"Joshua, I would like you to meet Tyler. Tyler here has wanted to know if he could get to know you and I know you two would be good friends since you two basically have the same things in common! Isn't that wonderful?"