« nineteen »

He woke up with a start, the moon shining above him and

He woke up with a start, the moon shining above him and...wolves? He couldn't see them but he could sense them, watching from the darkness. A sudden scream could be heard for miles but he didn't know where it was coming from, that's when he felt his throat aching and realized it was him. His body started to spasm and ripple, that's why he was screaming. He dug his fingernails in the dirt trying to stop but he couldn't. It felt like his skeleton was trying to leave him, trying to rip him open.

He could sense the wolves getting closer.

He let out one final shout before everything went silent. It only lasted for a few seconds before he felt himself spasming again, hot searing pain ripped through him again before he opened his eyes. He could tell he was naked without seeing, he could feel the damp ground pressing against his skin. He was panting violently and his bones felt like play-doh. He didn't know what happened but when he saw a wolf, no, his mate walking silently to him, he finally realized.

He was a wolf and what just happened was his body ripping apart for the wolf inside of him to be free. He just shifted into a wolf.

He felt his body shaking again.

Cries spilled from his lips and then silence. Tremors went down his spine and he couldn't remember who he was. Claws dug into the ground but he couldn't stand up. He could see every single figure standing in the dark, each watching silently.

It happened too fast and when he opened his eyes again, he was human.

-

A strike of lightning and a pair of arms shaking him was what Joshua woke up to. Gasps left his lips and the same pair of arms lifted his body from his bed into their lap. He didn't care if this was Ryan or even fucking Brendon as he instantly wrapped his arms around their neck and started to cry.

"It's ok, you're safe."

Tyler.

It was his boyfriend and he was fine, he wasn't in the woods with wolves but instead in his room in his house with his mate.

Joshua couldn't calm down though. The pain in his body felt so real that his bones and limbs actually felt like jelly. The rain hitting his window was defying, he can faintly smell the burning of tires when a loud screeching sound hurled its way into his driveway, he could see the cracks embedded in his wall and oh my god it was too much. He could see, smell, and hear everything and it was all too much. A door opened up, a bright light lit up the room, and his dog was barking. He could faintly hear Tyler talking but he didn't know what about.

Oh god, he was hyperventilating.

Joshua couldn't breathe, his lungs were constricting him from air, his rib cage felt too small and oh my god he was going to pass out.

This is all too much, way too fucking much.

He could hear his name being called but he couldn't respond. His lungs weren't letting him breathe and his body was going numb.

He was going to pass out.
He was going to pass o-

-

He opened his eyes and the moon was shining down back on him again. He was human, he could tell when he used his arms to push him up. He could see them though, the wolves peaking through the bushes as if they were afraid to come any closer. His body wasn't spasming, his bones weren't trying to leave him, he felt completely fine and that's what he's worried about.

A wolf, though, decided to break character and reveal itself. A light grey wolf with piercing blue eyes stopped a few feet from him, bowing its head with flatten ears. A sudden image flashed through his head and he gasped, the whole pack surrounding a small white wolf stayed imprinted in his head and he realized he was the white wolf. The grey wolf came closer, head still bowed but blue eyes stayed trained on him. The wolf wasn't going to hurt him, he could tell.

He looked around him to see that every single one of the pack was coming forward but he knew which one was the alpha. Head trained high with ears perked up, red eyes looking right at him and he knew that was his mate. No other wolf had his deep red eyes.

The grey wolf moved to the side so the alpha could move through, sitting down right in front of him. Words suddenly flashed in his mind and with wide eyes, he read them.

"Welcome to the pack, baby."