« twenty three »

"I didn't realize you would be this difficult

"I didn't realize you would be this difficult." Tyler muttered out under his breath as they made their way back home, the rest of the pack following, and even though no one was supposed to hear, Josh clearly did and scowled, "Inconvenient is a better word, asshole."

Ryan pulled Josh away before Tyler could respond and ushered the few wolves who stopped to see what was happening to go, Mary stayed behind with Meredith and Ryan couldn't find it in his heart to force them to go so he let them stay. Josh ripped himself away from Ryan with the scowl still evident but it didn't last long when Meredith pawed at him and looked at him with a tilted head, causing him to break his anger and coo. Ryan smiled but there were still some pressing matters at hand and ignoring them would just cause more anger within the group so Ryan let Josh have his moment with the little she pup before breaking the tension, "You know he doesn't mean it, right?"

Josh ignored Ryan at first because he didn't want to think about that at the moment but once he felt his anger bubbling back up, he knew it was impossible to ignore. Josh let out a sigh and looked at Ryan, "I know, I just wish he didn't get upset so easily," Josh stopped mid-sentence when a sharp pain had him doubled over in pain, tightly clutching his abdomen. Ryan was immediately by his side but Josh waved him off, "I'm fine." Ryan looked at him questioningly but did step back, also getting a worried look from Mary who watched from afar.

"Let's go catch up to them," Ryan suggested, only getting a shrug in response but that was good enough for Ryan. He said goodbye to Mary and scratched Meredith on the head before grabbing Josh's hand and leaving.

-

"You know you can't just say that to your mate," Brendon seethed as they came into a clearing, ignoring the way Tyler stiffened up and glared at him, "saying that is like saying you don't want to be with him anymore and I know for a damn fact you can't live without him."

Tyler let out a sigh and let his body slump, "I know I know, it's just my parents have been telling me he isn't my mate because he hasn't shifted yet and no matter how many times I tell them that he is, they tell me to stop living in the fantasy I created in my head and go find my real mate." Brendon's face fell at that, "Tyler, you know you gotta tell me what they say."

Tyler shifted into a sitting position and hung his head, "I'm sorry, Bren, it's just been tough and the way he responded," Tyler took a deep breath and side-eyed Brendon who sat down next to him, "just made me more...angry because it made me think my parents were right."

"You know your parents are closed-minded assholes who only care for themselves and you're one of the lucky few who were able to leave the litter, you're an adult Tyler and you don't need to listen to them anymore." Brendon wasn't really a person to go to when sad but Brendon has been with Tyler since the beginning and has dealt with Tyler's depression before so caring for Tyler was a lot easier than caring for anyone else (except for Ryan of course).

Tyler exhaled out of his nose and nodded, "Yeah, you're right. Thanks, Bren." Brendon grinned and patted the brunet on the back, lending a hand for Tyler to grab when he stood up.

Brendon grinned, even more, when Ryan and Josh emerged from the bushes and gave Tyler a look that said 'fix what you started' before engulfing his mate into a hug. Josh stood off to the side and rubbed anxiously at his arm, heart racing in his chest when he noticed Tyler slowly coming his way. He was still a little mad with the brunet but the pain was gone when Tyler grabbed both of his hands and rubbed the back of them soothingly.

"I'm sorry for saying what I did back there, I'm just under a lot of pressure from my parents and I didn't mean to release my anger on you," Josh couldn't help but smile when Tyler kissed him on the nose, "I love you so much and if I ever say that stuff again, I give you the full right to slap me."

Josh giggled, "As I could ever hurt you. I love you too but I'm gonna have Brendon slap you because I know he'll bring you back to reality." Tyler laughed and pressed their foreheads together, "I'll allow that, Brendon can be very intimidating sometimes and I'm the Alpha here."

"It's like you and Brendon should switch roles." Josh pointed out, getting an eye-roll in response.

Ryan glanced at Brendon with a smile but it immediately went away from Brendon spoke, "You know what'll happen if Josh doesn't shift." Anxiety pooled in the brunet's stomach and Ryan shook his head, "That's not going to happen, Bren. When the full moon comes, he'll shift, end of the story."

Brendon bit his lower lip and looked over at the lovebirds, "Let's just hope so."