« sixteen »

"Paint

"Paint."

Ryan rolled over and looked at Joshua with a sleepy gaze.

"What?"

The dark-haired boy sat up and jumped a little bit in surprise when he noticed two large wolves sleeping soundly at the end of the bed, completely ignoring the fact that both Brendon and Tyler were in wolf form and that humans can somehow turn into wolves. Ryan followed suit and yawned.

"Why do you need to paint?"

Joshua ignored him and bolted out of the room. There was a thought in his mind, no, an image in his mind. Brown fur and red eyes, a wolf he's seen in his dreams and he needed to paint it.

Two pair of footsteps echoed throughout the house with Joshua leading. Joshua rarely painted and only did when inspiration hit him hard, he has a few paintings and he was about to add another one to the collection. A light flickered on and two pair of footsteps echoed down the stairwell.

The basement was furnished and well organized, half of it completely decorated with a huge couch, two chairs, a tv planted on one of the walls and a large rug while the other side consisted mostly of Joshua's things ( such as his drum set and painting supplies and easel ).

Ryan sleepily watched the dark-haired boy hurriedly rush to paint, turning his gaze over when he heard large paws tiredly climb down the stairs. Maybe if he wasn't so sleepy he probably would've freaked out but since Joshua was so transfixed on painting and the lack of thoughts in his mind, Ryan just shrugged and plopped down on the couch. Instantly falling asleep with a dark black collared of a wolf ( also known as Brendon ) curled up on his lap.

-

With lots of brown paint stained on his hands and a small amount of different shades of red staining his fingertips, Joshua stepped back with a paintbrush drenched in a deep brown and looked at his piece. It definitely was a rushed process but once you looked close enough, you could see a figure of a wolf staring right at you with bright red eyes. Joshua looked down to see the exact same wolf laying down next to his feet and maybe he was becoming way too domestic with the whole wolf thing but just seeing a full-grown wolf laying down right next to you just seemed normal to him, but also because this was a wolf that also has a name of Tyler and can transform into a human-like it was no big deal.

But only it was.

Well, to Joshua mostly.

He still found it completely odd, weird, and also a bit terrifying to say the least but knowing that he had an apparent alpha sleeping soundly by his feet made it just a tad less terrifying.

Joshua looked over his shoulder to see Ryan sleepily scrolling through his phone with a black wolf perched on his lap sleeping. Joshua dipped the paintbrush in a cup filled with water and went to sit next to Ryan, his friend looked up at him once he plopped down and put his phone away.

"Not scared?"

Joshua looked over to see the brown wolf stretching while yawning before looking at the black wolf, the tingle at the back of his neck was still there but only struck hard when the whole pack would stare at him. Joshua watched his wolf jump up on the couch and settled down on his lap, red eyes looking at him but it didn't scare him, it sent comfort down his spine and filled his whole body up with content.

Joshua looked back at Ryan who was patiently waiting for an answer and for the first time since he since the wolves and been stalked by them, he said the one word he'd never thought would leave his mouth.

"No."