[04] Protective like a brother

Kelsey's POV

"Okay everyone, pack up your things and make sure your tables are clean." My teacher says as the bell goes off. Thank god it's lunch time, my stomach was rumbling all lesson long and Erica couldn't stop giggling at me.

I like Erica, she may be a little snappy and bitchy at times, but she does know how to make you laugh. Honestly, I've always wanted a sister, and now I have one.

Once Erica and I cleared our table, we make our exit out the door, walking straight to the cafeteria where Isaac was sitting at a table waiting for us. He looks at us with a smile. "How was art?" He asked.

"It was fun." I reply.

"I personally enjoyed listening to Kelsey's stomach rumbling." Erica laughed as we sat down. "That wasn't funny, I was hungry." I playfully slap her arm. "How were your lessons?" I ask Isaac.

"Boring as usual." He starts, then looks behind me. "I think Stiles and your brother are wondering why you're sitting with us." Isaac says, looking at the table where Scott and Stiles are sitting, talking about something while starring at me. Oh great. How am I supposed to explain this as well as not being at home.

"Maybe I should go over there, talk to them?"

"What are you going to say?" Erica asks.

"I don't know, I'll be back in a minute." I tell them before getting out my seat and walking over to Scott and Stiles, who were looking at me as if they were disappointed. I can't wait to get lectured. Play it cool Kelsey. "Hey brothers, whatcha doing?"

"Where were you yesterday? You were gone all day." Scott asks concerned, doing that eyebrow thing of his when he's about to get angry. Okay, maybe this isn't going to work out so well. Scott will know I'm lying. I'll just have to stay calm and keep my heart rate from going up.

"I was at a friends house, we had a sleepover." I say slowly. Well, it is true. I did basically have a sleepover at Derek's, and he is my friend.

"What about when we got Isaac out the station, you left with Derek. Plus I had to take the blame for the knocked-out hunter, do you know how hard it was to get out of being grounded?" Stiles complains.

"Derek dropped me off at my friends house."

"What friend?" Scott asks curiously.

Oh god, who do I say. If I say someone they know, they'll ask them if I did have a sleepover with them. Then I'll be in big trouble. "Uh, Debbie, you don't know her." Debbie is the first name that came to my mind, I was thinking of a name beginning with D because Derek's name begins with D, and then it just came out.

"Why are you hanging out with them?" Stiles asks, looking at Erica and Isaac who are watching me courteously, probably listening to our conversation.

"They're my friends." I reply.

"They're werewolves." Scott states the obvious.

"So are you, Scott." I roll my eyes before leaving the table and walking towards Erica and Isaac. Just as I sit down, my phone vibrates against my boob. Yes my phone is in my bra, I have a perfectly good reason for that, which is because I don't have any pockets for my phone to go in. And I'm not going to put my phone in my bag because it could get stolen. Plus it's easier to get your phone from your bra.

Isaac looks at me carefully as I take my phone out my bra, well that doesn't surprise me. He's such a pervert, but I love him. I mean love as friends, not as in the other way because that's just weird. I open up the text, which reads:

From: Derek

Come outside, we're going ahead with the plan.

I guess we're going ahead with the Boyd thing today. I didn't know when Derek planed to give Boyd the choice but it doesn't really matter I suppose. As I'm about to stick my my phone back in my bra, I receive another text from Derek.