[17] Promise me

Kelsey's POV

"So this kid is a real killer." Mr. Stilinski asked his son as he looked at the year book with a picture of Matt circled in red, pointing at his name on the side, Matthew Daehler.

When we were leaving the party, apparently Scott saw Matt standing by a car with the Kanima by his side and it's tail curled around Matt's legs. But I don't know, I can't really see Matt being a killer, he's a really nice guy.

"Yeah." Stiles replied.

"No."

"Yes." Stiles said a little louder.

"No."

"Dad, come on, everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims to murders, okay? So all you have to do is look through the transcripts and figure out what class they all have in common." Plus there's no evidence that suggests that Matt is the killer, and why would there be.

He's innocent.

"Yeah, except for the fact the rave promotor, Kara, wasn't in Harris class." Stiles's dad told us. "Alright okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him."

"No. You know what, they're not dropping the charges, but that doesn't prove anything. Scott what do you think, you believe this?" Sheriff asked my brother.

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just got to trust us, we know it's Matt." Scott answered. "What about you, Kelsey?" Sheriff asked me.

"Well, no I don't. But sometimes you don't know what people are capable of doing." It's true though, you'd think when Peter was in a coma, he looked like an innocent victim but he turned out to be a psychotic mass-murder.

Stiles's dad looked at me for a second before his son interrupted. "He took Harris car, okay? Look he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of murders, and if enough of the victims were in Harris class then they'd arrest him."

"Alright fine, I'll allow the remote possibility but give me a motive, I mean why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and it's coach dead." He has a point. What motive does Matt have?

"Isn't it obvious? Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in like 6 years...okay we don't have a motive yet, I mean come on does Harris?" Stiles let out.

Why is Stiles defending Mr. Harris? I thought he hated him?

Maybe he just wants Matt to get arrested so bad because he has a pure hatred towards him. "What do you want me to do?" Sheriff Stilinski asked.

"We need to look at the evidence." Scott replied. "Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work."

"Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles told his father. "Trust you?" Sheriff's eyes widened. "Trust...trust Scott and Kelsey?" Stiles said as he pointed at Scott and I.

"Scott I trust, Kelsey I trust even more." Stilinski told us. Aw, that's so nice. He trust me more than his own son and Scott ahah.

Oh yeah, I'm flawless!

***

"It's two in the morning." The lady behind the desk said to Mr. Stilinski. Hey, I think that's the lady who used to help Stiles with his maths homework, Tara I think her name is. "Believe me I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important." I hear Sheriff reply.

"We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?" Stiles said, bringing my attention to him. "Why?" I asked.

"Because all the murders were committed by Jackson, except for one, remember?" Oh right.