[14] Awkward sex talk

Kelsey's POV

Once myself, Scott and Stiles arrived at Derek's place, Isaac seemed to have noticed that I was in pain and immediately took me to the ER. So now Isaac and I are waiting in the waiting room for someone to come see me. I didn't really want to leave Erica, but Scott told me to go.

"Kelsey." I hear mom call. Looking up, I see her standing outside a room.

"Coming." I say standing up from my seat as I let go from Isaac's hand. "Wait here, I won't be long." I tell him, before walking in the direction of the room mom walked in.

As I entered the room, mom patted the bed that was covered in that blue tissue kind of marital, to sit down. "How did you break your hand?" Mom asked as she looked at my X-Ray.

Oh god, my fingers are literally crushed. "Uh well, we were stacking books in the library, and then one of the books dropped on my hand...it was one of those big cat 101 books." I lie. I hope she buys it.

"Right. Why were you stacking books?"

"We had detention, but I didn't do anything wrong." It's true, I didn't do anything wrong, just at the wrong place at the wrong time again. Mom wraps the wet warm plaster roll around my mind arm to my hand carefully, before gently squeezing out the excess water.

"So, who's the boy waiting outside? Is he your boyfriend?" Mom says all of a sudden. "Mom!" I yell. This is not the right time or place to talk about boyfriends or what not.

"What? Is he just one of those, oh what do you kids call it these days, friends with uh, benefits?" Oh my god, did she really just say that. This is so embarrassing.

"Mom stop!" I demand, but she continues to talk.

"Have you been having sex? Because if you are, you need to be careful. I don't want a baby popping out of you just yet." She laughs, but at the same time has a serious tone.

"Oh my god, mom!"

"Well are you? You can tell me darling." She says as she lightly puts pressure on the plaster, pushing it down. "No we're not, and yes I will be careful if we do." I tell her.

"If we do? What does that mean? Do you like him?"

"What?"

"Do you like him?" She asks again. Do I like Isaac, yes. Is he hot, triple yes. Do I like him more than a friend, maybe. "I uh, I don't know." I reply.

Mom continues to mold the wet plaster onto my arm as she gently adds another two layers of wet warm plaster roll onto my arm. I'm so glad it's my left hand that's broken and not my right, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to do any writing at school.

"Okay, now that's done, you have to wait 30 minutes to let the plaster dry properly. Do you want me to call your friend in?" Mom asks. Oh great, 30 minutes is too long. "Yes, and mom, his name is Isaac."

"Isaac, what a lovely name." She mumbles to herself before leaving the room.

***

After a chaotic day at school, Derek drove me and Isaac to the animal clinic where we'd meet Scott and Deaton. Apparently Deaton might have something that can help save or kill Jackson. The good thing about Derek's car, is that it can fit my motorbike in his boot.

Which is good because I left in the school parking lot yesterday. Plus I can't ride it again until my hand is fully healed. I'm just thankful no one stole it.

Getting out the car, Derek knocks on the door. "What's he doing here?" Scott asks Derek as he unlocks the door, noticing Isaac. "I need him." Derek replies, walking into the room first, followed by Isaac the me.