Chapter Twenty-Two

My ears buzzed as I came to. My head pounded like a drum, and I gently opened my eyes to focus on my surroundings.

   The room was dark. The curtains were drawn in almost every window, making the room look musty and dim. My eyes struggled to adjust in the dim light, and I didn't register where I was until I saw the familiar decor and plush coach I lay on.

   Malfoy Manor.

   Images began swirling through my head, and I rubbed at my right sleeve where my scar was, my P.T.S.D coming back full swing. I wracked my brain, trying to remember what happened and how I got here, but it was all a blur.

   Then it all came back like a flash of lightning. Draco and I were studying and...and...we kissed? WE KISSED! And then he betrayed me and Blake was there and-

   "Good to see you're finally up," the silky American said behind me, making me practically jump out of my skin. He let out a deep chuckle as I turned around, spotting Blake stirring his tea in his cup against the far wall. He looked worn and tired, but otherwise fine.

   "Why did you bring me here?!" I demand, sitting up on the coach.
My voice sounded hoarse and unused, but I cleared my throat and ignored it.

   "Oh, Hermione," he said, shaking his head, "Even you can be dumb sometimes."

   He licked his finger and quenched a flame that burned next to him, smoothing back his hair and plunging us into eerie darkness, the only light illuminating the room being the Windows and fireplace.

   "What do you want from me?" I ask, my voice almost pleading. It was hard to imagine that this boy that held me hostage was the boy I liked almost a year ago.

   "That," he said, pointing at me with raised eyebrows, "Is a simple question, really. You see Hermione-"

   "That's Granger to you, Blake," I cut him off with a sneer. I didn't want my name uttered by this foul creature.

   He rolled his eyes, continuing after my display.

   "It's a simple answer, Granger. You, as much as I hate to admit it, are a prime subject in my employer's plan for domination."

   "Lucious Malfoy?" I ask, placing a hand to my forehead.

   "That's Mr. Malfoy to you, Granger," he said, looking startled by my use of his name, "Don't you ever call Mr. Malfoy by his first name, or you'll be his next target."

   "And yes, my employer is Mr. Malfoy."

   "What do you mean I'm apart of his plan?" I ask, sitting up with interest, "What plan?"

   "That, my dear, is classified information," he said, sipping his tea, "But, what I can tell you is you can forget about going back to Hogwarts. There'll be no more Hogwarts after we're finished with it."

   My heart shattered. The school had just recovered from the battle. They couldn't have another uprising on their hands, could they?

   I shook my head. "I don't understand," I say, my head reeling from  new information, "What do you want from Hogwarts?"

   Blake shrugged his shoulders. "Mr. Malfoy sees it as the perfect castle to rule when he gets out."

   "And how do you expect to break Mr. Malfoy out of Azkaban?" you say incredulously, "Its only been done once by Sirius Black, and we still don't know how."

   "That, my dearie, is where you come in."