Chapter Twenty-three

Draco pulled out the velvet box from underneath his sleeve, removing the Time Turner with cautious fingers. I watched him, my breath hitching in my throat as he pulled out the device. I shivered as he reached around my neck and tied the necklace. His touch lingered, and I was wanting to forget all of this. Forget how he betrayed me, how Blake betrayed me. I can't believe I was so stupid.

   Draco looked at me, his stormy grey eyes swimming with a look of ferocity and regret. This was the first time he'd made eye contact with me since the Manor, and my breath hitched in my throat.

   "We get in, we get out," he said, "simple as that."

   I slowly nod, not wanting to be punished like last time. He grabbed my waist, and I closed my eyes as he apparated us to Azkaban.

   I barely had anytime to open my eyes before Draco was yelling stunning spells. He successfully knocked out the guards, and he'd seemed to have been here before, considering he grabbed my hand and immediately made his way to a secret crevice in the sheetrock, away from prying eyes and security. Though, I started to feel weak as the Dementors encircling the place swarmed my body, making me stone cold. Draco seemed used to it.

   "Come on," he said, tugging my hand a little harder, "We can't be late. We have a specific time slot to get to him, and if we don't use it he's never getting out."

   I took the time to study his expressions. I felt terrible. Draco, this poor broken boy, the boy who betrayed me. All I could see, no matter how hard I tried to see past him as the boy who broke my heart, all I could see was a boy, longing to be reunited with his father again.

   "This way," he said again, his expression tight as he tugged me down another corridor.

   "The chief keeps the keys in a room locked by a incredibly difficult charm. I've tried to penetrate it loads of times, but I can't. Father thinks that you can."

   I stare at him in disbelief. "What?"

   Draco rolled his eyes, turning back to me with an annoyed expression. "There's a room on the far East of the facility. It keeps all the keys to the cells inside. It is not guarded up by Dementors because the only way to get past Dementors is by this tunnel, which only we know about. It has an incredibly difficult locking charm on it, and since father knew about your academic skills and how you took N.E.W.T charms, he wanted you to crack it."

   "That's why you kidnapped me!" I exclaim, getting angrier by the minute, "To do your dirty work! Your father doesn't deserve to get out of this prison!"

   Draco looked at his feet. "I know."

   I stared up in shock as he kept moving, tugging me behind him.

   A little while later we made it to the room. It's massive door was covered with the most difficult locking charm I'd ever come across, and I shrunk as Draco pushed me further.

   "Go on," he said anxiously, "We haven't much time."

   I stumbled toward the compound, pulling out my wand with a shaky hand. My mind was racing. I was hurt, physically and emotionally, and all I could hope for was that Ginny, Harry, and Ron had figured out I was gone.

   I placed a hand on the wall, thinking about what locking charm it was. It was complicated - a mix between corpus nebules and alohamora. A hybrid, so to speak. I concentrated hard, picturing the particles in my mind. I silently raised my wand.

   "Corpus hamoras," I breath, and my heart skips a beat as the door skips open. My heart pounds as Draco brushes past me, a practiced clenched expression on his face. Meanwhile, my mind was mush and my limbs limp as I placed a hand to my forehead.

   Holy Merlin, I just broke into Azkaban!

   Draco was already searching the shelves, looking under inmate numbers. He got to one, plucked it off the wall and walked past me again.

   "Let's go," he said, "the Dementors will sense us if we hang around in one spot for too long."

   My heart skipped a beat when he tugged on my hand, his cold heat mingling with mine. I mentally cursed myself. Why was I still fawning over the boy that betrayed my trust!

   We walked down countless corridors, Draco never letting go of my hand. I took time to guiltily relish in the sense of his touch. I wish I was more hurt by his betrayal, but I wasn't. I still craved him, and after that kiss...

   "Granger!" he hissed, snapping his fingers in front of my face. I snapped back to reality, trying to ignore the sting of his use of my surname. Still, I stared at the cell number, room 490. "You have the key," he snapped, "Open it."

   Draco stared at me, an anxious expression hidden behind his eyes. I tried to ignore how his mysterious grey eyes went from stormy to scared in a millisecond, and discreetly coughed. I pulled the key out, and shakily put it in the key hole.

A/N

Okay so I really don't know what Azkaban is like, and no one really does expect J.K. Rowling herself, so I made up a whole bunch of this stuff, don't sue me.

- Sarah