I Promise (Part 2)- T.H.

Warnings: Angst, Some Fluff, Swears and Mention of a Miscarriage

*7 months later

Tom's POV:

Tom sighed, checking off every item on the long list his mom had wanted for his brother's birthday party. Luckily, he only had one thing left to grab before he could just head home and lock himself in his room like he had been doing for the past few months. You'd think that after seven months, it would get easier, but it still hurt as much as it did back when she walked out the door. Tom quickly shook his head, not wanting to burst out into tears in a public place, as the thought of her offer made him want to do so. He quickly wheeled his cart to the isle he knew the candles would be in. He looked at his options before finding one that he thought Paddy would like, and was about to reach up to get it, when he heard a soft voice curse. He paused. He could recognize that voice even in his sleep. When he heard her curse again, he whirled around to be met with the sight of Y/N rubbing her arm where a bruise was starting to appear.

Y/N's POV:

Y/N's best friend, and current roommate, forced her to go out and get some groceries since their apartment was running out of food. Grace thought that it would be good for Y/N to go out and do something, considering she had been moping around in the apartment, especially for the last couple of weeks. Y/N thought that was a load of shit, but she wasn't in the mood to argue with her friend, so she chose to just do. Besides, it was just grocery shopping right? What could go wrong?

She had grabbed what she thought was enough to at least keep them fed for the next two weeks, and was about to head to the counter to pay so she could just get back home, when she scrapped her arm on an empty metal shelf. She stopped and let out a soft curse at the pain, and then another one when she saw how red her arm had become. She knew that coming out was a bad idea, and now she had the scars to prove it. Sighing, she looked up to glare at the stupid shelf, but instead, she locked eyes with a person she didn't think she would see for the rest of her life. Which was kind of stupid considering that his face was plastered on every magazine out there, but that's besides the point. Her eyes immediately welled up with tears that she desperately tried to push back, but she felt them fall onto her cheeks anyway. "Y-Y/N?" She heard him whisper. She started into his soft brown eyes for a couple of seconds more, before she realized that she couldn't handle this. Not right now. "I-I can't do this right now." She answered before rushing away, not even bothering to grab her cart. She didn't make it too far though, because suddenly, there was a soft but firm grip on her wrist keeping her from moving anywhere. "Let go Tom." She stated, not even turning around to face him. He immediately let go, but this time, she didn't have the heart to just walk away from him again.

He slowly stepped in front of her, careful not to get too close and upset her, and her fight for getting over him was just pushed back a little because after everything, he still cares about the little things. "Y/N, I'm so, so, fucking sorry darling. I wasn't thinking and I should have heard you out and talked to you instead of just telling you what to do, and the truth is I was just scared and I know that's no excuse..." Tom started in a rush. Your heart sunk with every word that came out of his mouth, the pain in your gut, in your heart, only intensifying. "Tom, it doesn't matter..." "No, Y/N it does matter I was a dick and a half and I don't expect you to forgive me, but know that you have my full support and anything you need..." "NO TOM IT DOESN'T MATTER OK!!" You finally burst out, not being able to keep it in a second longer. "It doesn't fucking matter because I woke up one morning in a pool of blood, only to find out that I lost her Tom! I fucking lost our daughter." Y/N let out finally letting the reality of the situation get to her. Since it happened two weeks ago, she'd kept trying to push it to the back of the mind, but she had to face the facts. She couldn't even keep her own child. Tom took the chance to finally look down to your stomach to see that the big bump that should be there, wasn't there, and then it hit him. She had suffered a miscarriage, and he wasn't even by her side to help her just because he was being a prick.

"He-her?" Tom crocked out, tears rapidly falling from his eyes. Y/N weakly nodded. "It was our little girl Tom, and I was such a shitty mother that I couldn't even protect her until she was born Tom! I lost our child." Y/N sobbed, the last of her walls breaking down. She let herself fall into Toms outstretched arms because even though she knew that what he did was extremely shitty of him, and it would take a while for her to forgive him, she knew that the only way she could get through this was with Tom at her side. Tom held a tight grip on the sobbing girl's body, and whispered: "I'm never letting you get away from me, never again. I promise."

A/N: Ok that was really shitty Ik, but I wanted to get part two out. I'm so fucking excited and so fucking scared for endgame it's not even funny, and at this point I am done trying to guess what's gonna happen, and I just wanna see the fucking movie already.