Two

I made my way to my seat. While I was waiting for the game to start, my thoughts filled my head. My eyes started to water and before I knew it I was full out crying. I quickly snapped out of it and wiped my tears as soon as I saw the players run into the field.

I saw Christian Yelich running to left field, which was weird sense he usually plays center but I'm not the manager, so what do I know. I was looking at the rest of the players when I notice some eyes on me. I looked over and saw Christian looked at me. He usually only looks a few seconds at a single person in the stands. But he was just starting at me, wasn't was he? He quickly turned away. I don't think he was looking at me. I shrug it off and started to watch the game unfold.

The game was tied 5-5 in the bottom of the ninth inning. With the winning runner on second and two outs. Christian Yelich was up to bat. The first pitch was a ball. The second pitch was a strike, the third was another ball. The pitcher winded up and throw a fast ball. The ball went flying off the bat and was heading for the stands. It was heading for me before I had time to react the ball hit me in the head and I blacked out.

*****************************************************
Christian prov /
It was the ninth inning, the winning run was on second, there was 2 out and I was up to bat. I knew not to swing at the first pitch because this pitcher always throws a ball first pitch. As I predicted ball one, strike one, another ball. The next pitch I hit hard, it went flying in the seats and hit the pretty girl I saw earlier.

The crowd reacted to the hit. There was blood everywhere I saw two paramedics rushing over with a gurney. Everyone was silent and had worry look on there faces. I was just kneeling on the batters box. Shocked at what just happened. I slowly got up, I had to finish this game so I could go check up on that poor girl. I hit a ball through the gap and the runner ran and we won. I had no time to celebrate I had to go see that girl or the guilt will be to much for me to bare. I talked to my manager and he was fine with it.

I quickly got into my truck and rushed to the hospital where the mystery girl was. I called the hospital in advance and they were good with it. I got to the hospital and made a quick stop at the gift shop to buy some flowers. I checked in at the front desk and they gave me the room number. I got in the elevator and pushed floor number six. I got to the room and knocked. No one answer so I slowly cracked the door open. I see the girl hooked up to a bunch of Machines. I put the flowers on the table next to her and wait for the doctor.

The doctor finally came in. "Hi do you know if I can talk to her family," I asked I wanted to help pay for the medical bills if they needed help.
"Well Mr. Yelich she appears to have no family, we contacted her boyfriend-" boyfriend well that's not good he's probably gonna be mad, I thought to my self. "But it appears that they broke up this morning and wants nothing to do with her." The doctor finished up.
"So your telling me this girl has no one."
"It appears so, your the only person who showed interest in Ms.Ray." This made me feel so bad. To imagine not having anyone to be at your side made my heart melt.
"Well what's her condition?"
"She's in a coma, there's a fifty percent chance of her waking up." The doctor said sadly. Fifty percent chance sunk into my soul. I might if just killed a poor girl. The doctor asked if I was willing to be her Emergency contact. I said yes because what else am I supposed to do. I learned the girl name was Lizzy Ray. Before I left her room I whisper "I'm so sorry, keep fighting ok," then I left.