~The Letter~

~3rd Person (POV)~

'Lumos..' Alcor thought... 'Nox'  It was late at night, and she was studying one of her library's many spellbooks. 'Lu...Lumo...'  she could feel the wave of exhaustion creeping up, ready to crash down on her at any given moment. Her Grandfather had already come in and told her to turn out the light and go to sleep, but she had turned it right back on as soon as he had left the room.

All of a sudden, Alcor head a tapping at the window...

~Alcor's (POV)~

I looked up, all sleepiness forgotten, to see a grey speckled owl perched on my window, carrying a letter. I slammed the book shut, jumped out of bed and raced to the window to let the bird in. "Hello, there." I greeted the owl as he hopped in. "Is that for me?" I ask. The owl gave a small nod and I eagerly took the letter. I was so exited! My eleventh birthday had been a few months ago, as I was born in January. I had been waiting FOREVER to receive a letter from... anywhere! I opened the seal and took out the letter from inside. It read...

Dear, Miss Thorne,

We are happy to announce that you have been accepted into Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. If you choose to accept this letter and attend our school, you will board the Hogwarts Express at platform 9 3/4, at 11:00am September 1st, 1971. We have enclosed a list of all you will need this year at Hogwarts. Please reply before August 15th. We hope to see you soon, sincerely, 

Professor, Minerva Mcgonagall 

I felt more then exited, more then ecstatic, I'm overwhelmed by all the happy I feel! "Eeeeeee" I squeal, twirling around, eyes closed. "Ha Ha, Yeah!" I open my eyes, feeling that I've shifted into my second skin. 'Oops.' I thought, looking at my wings. 'Better change back...' I said mentally. I closed my eyes, focusing on my human self, and opened them to a rather alarmed looking owl. "Heh, let's make that our little secret, ok?" I asked the owl, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly. Eyes wide and beak slightly ajar, he nodded and took off into the night...

"Phew..." I sighed with relief, stifling a yawn. "I have got to get that under control..." I whispered to myself.

~Flashback, 3rd Person (POV)~

When Alcor was younger, and had absolutely NO control over her transformations, she had gotten really exited in front of her Grandfather and had shifted into her second skin. A Harpy Eagle. "A-Alcor...? " he'd said, baffled. She looked up at him, cocking her head in a bird-like fashion before looking around at herself. "Alcor... uh..." he stammered "Can you... um..uh, change... back?" he asked. 'Alrighty... concentrate... and...' Alcor thought inside her head, focusing on her human self, closing her eyes. When she opened them, she looked down to see herself in the skin she was born in.

Later her Grandfather had gone on to tell her that she must be a born Animagus. Also, that whenever she was overwhelmed in a certain emotion, that she would shift by accident. "I don't know why I'm surprised, you can already fly, for Pete's sake..." Ever since then, she had been practicing keeping her shifting under control...

~End Flashback~

~Alcor's (POV)~

I set the letter down on my desk as I walked over to my bed whilst replaying the memory. When I got there, I flopped, rather ungracefully, into bed and let the sea of darkness wash over me...

A.N____________________________________________________________________________

Hello, to anybody who's reading this! Thank you for giving this book a shot! This is probably one of the shortest chapters in the book, so the next one will be longer! By the way, when I use ' , then itallics in a sentence, it means that that person is thinking, or saying it inside their head. *Fun fact, Alcor is actually named after the star, Alcor. Until next time, my Dreamers! *Picture of a Harpy Eagle below*

 Until next time, my Dreamers! *Picture of a Harpy Eagle below*

Just imagine her with bright Amber eyes!