~A Small Flame~

Alcor's (POV)

The flowers... I've seen them before... smelled them before... I have been here before...

The flowers... I've seen them burn before... smelled the smoke before... 

I have been here before...

I woke up gasping for air. Tears running down my naturally rosy cheeks, Amber eyes, red and swollen. I started sobbing, my entire body shaking. I had been there too many times... always... it's always the same. I didn't even feel Remus. Remus wrap his arms around me, shielding me from myself. I just kept crying, leaning instinctively into his chest. Crying... sobbing... silently screaming... I'm still there, until I hear him, Remus. 

"It's gonna be ok." he whispered softly in my ear, still cradling me in his arms like a child. "It hurts so bad I can't breathe... I can't... I can't do worse! I can't, ok?! I shouldn't have to! I just need the pain to be gone..." I tried to scream, but my voice came in a choked whimper insted as I babbled all my fears in a haze. "I know it might be... hard for you... to keep fighting." He said this sadly, he knew about monsters and demons. One lived inside him. It looked like, too, that one dwelled inside her. "I want you to know it's ok... It's okay..." Remus was crying too now, "I... I understand.." The last thing I felt were warm tears falling onto my forehead, before falling back into a dreamless sleep...

Remus (POV)

Soon she fell back to sleep, still in my arms. Tear steaks still fresh on her rose coloured cheeks. I quickly wiped away my tears, trying to decipher her words. 'Can't do worse...? She shouldn't have to?' I don't understand... just then, as I was still pondering the thought, I could feel her breaking free of my arms. Assuming she wanted to be let go, I did. She started siting up, or so I thought, but her eyes were still closed. 'Wait, what's going on?!' She got lighter, and lighter until I couldn't feel her on my lap. I shuffled backwards, well, not by much as I was already leaning against the headboard. She got higher, and higher. She was 'Floating?'  I was not prepared for this. "A-Alcor...? Alcor?" I said in a shaky voice. "Madame Pomfrey!"

She came in panicked when I yelled for her. Pulling back the curtain, I heard her audibly gasp at the sight of Alcor, blankets draped over her body like a long flowing dress, levitating meters above me. She soon shook herself out of her trance and walked up to us. She looked at me and asked "Did she drink or eat anything she shouldn't have, Remus?" "No" I responded shakily "I was with her the whole time, or more, she was with me." She then turned back to Alcor, not touching her, but examining her. Hours went by, or maybe it was only minutes, or mere seconds before she decided to touch her. Placing her hands on Alcor's chest and stomach, Alcor's eyes flew open, with a short gasp she fell on to me. "Oomph!" I exclaimed as she landed on me.

Alcor's (POV)

My eyes flew open and I gasped as the bright light of day hit my eyes. I felt myself fall, hitting something hard. I heard Remus groan in pain. I doubled over to look at him behind me. "Remus.." I said, looking at his pained and worried expression. "Miss. Thorne. What in Merlin's Beard did you drink?! What had you floating meters In the air?! Hm?" "I-uh-I" "You what, Miss Thorne?" "I-I can, uh..." I really didn't want to tell her, or Remus, not yet. But it looked like I had no other choice.

 "I can, uh...Can I asked you a question...?" "A question? Fine, quickly." "Can Witches or Wizards sometimes, um, be born... different?" "You could be born a Metamorphagus, or a Werewolf," Remus flinched at this "Or part Veela or Vampire. You are going to have to be more specific, Alcor." She said with an 'I'm in no mood for your games.' expression "I mean, like, with an ability. The power to control an element, for example? Or, like, talking to animals? Or... Flying?" I finished with the same look I gave Alice when the Girls found out. "Well," She started, not catching on, "Only a few cases through all of wizarding history have been recorded when someone could do a thing like that. What, are you getting at, Miss Thorne?" I turned back to Remus, and saw a flame light in his mossy eyes. The flame of comprehension. I simply looked Madame Pomfrey straight in the eye, trying to put on a show that I wasn't scared, while I flew above their heads. The truth was, I was terrified.