🀇Chapter 3: Meeting a New Companion🀇

{Sengoku Era}

Three Weeks Later

"I'm gonna look up ahead to see if there are any demons Hyakkimaru." Koharu said as she slung her backpack over her shoulder and started to walk out of the woods. However, a wooden hand on her wrist stopped her from going any further. Koharu turned her head around to see that Hyakkimaru was looking deeply into her soul. Even though the mask concealed his face one could tell that he was pouting at her for leaving him behind. "Oh, come on Hyakkimaru. I'm only going to look around to see if there are any demons or monsters hiding in the village. Besides, I need to wash my clothes and get more water for the canteen." Koharu tried to reason with the 'Man Child' she would occasionally call him but Hyakkimaru still wouldn't budge. Koharu was stuck she didn't want Hyakkimaru to follow her because she wanted to attain a new kimono. So she wouldn't get any dirty looks from strangers when they see her wearing her black tank tops and camo jean pants or even her combat boots. Every time Koharu would change or take a bath Hyakkimaru was always there! Even if it's not to try to sneak a peak or anything like that, but still a girl needs her privacy. Suddenly a light bulb went off in her head she knew what to do.

Koharu went into her bag and brought out her secret weapon, the only thing in the whole world that would keep Hyakkimaru occupied besides fighting. A delicious brownie snack that is packed in a plastic bag. Hyakkimaru saw Koharu's soul waving something in his face he knew exactly what it was. Hyakkimaru let go of the delicate girl's wrist in order to try to grab the sweet treat, but Koharu moved it out from his reach. "I'll give you this if you let me go into the village by myself for five minutes then you can meet me on one of the old bridges." Koharu said as she waved the treat in front of Hyakkimaru's mask tauntingly. Hyakkimaru gave no reply but he did stay still to show that he was compliant. Koharu smirked in victory as she opened the sweet treat and handed it to the malformed boy. As Hyakkimaru watch, Koharu's soul disappears into the distance his attention went back to the treat that was in his hand.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

"Come, come, take a look. Quality goods, straight from the capital." a child's voice ringed through the village Koharu was visiting. the young girl saw that a small crowd of people lined up along the river bank. 'Must be a merchant's child trying to get attention. Oh well, wouldn't hurt to look.' Koharu thought as she walked towards the crowd. Koharu walkthrough the crowd as they backed away once they saw the sword that was strapped to her waist. The villagers started to mutter and gossip about the foreign girl, but that didn't bother her. Once Koharu was in front of the crowd she was shocked to see that there was no merchant but a little boy sitting on a straw mat that was filled with the so-called 'Quality Goods'. He had chocolate brown eyes and long black hair that was tied back in a ponytail just like a certain teen she knows. The boy was wearing a tattered green rob that showed his chest and went all the way down to his hips. And just like everyone he didn't have any shoes on.   

Once the little boy saw Koharu walking up towards him, he instantly recognized the sword that was strapped to her hip. A number of rumors have been spreading though out the land about a woman caring a sword and striking down Demons and those whose hearts or corrupted. The Iron Maiden.....

'I might just get something out of the infamous Iron Maiden. Not only that but if word gets out I talked to the Iron Maiden they won't even think about hurting me!' The boy imagined with a mischievous smile cemented on his face. The boy brought up an elegant red kimono that had pink sakura petals designs. "This is real silk. A wealthy princess wore it. Come, miss feel it." The boy offered the cloth to Koharu. She involuntarily grabs the cloth to inspect its value 'It is made out of silk. Though I doubt it was worn by a princess but it was probably by a rich woman. And the plus side the design is pretty cute...' Koharu thought to herself before she reached into her pocket to grab a sack full of Ryō. "Here, I'll give you this for the Kimono." Koharu said before "Deal!" the little boy snatched the bag out her hand.