🀍Chapter 9: A Demon's Sword vs A God's Sword Part 2🀍

TO ALL OF MY LOVELY READERS. I AM SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY AND I PROMISE TO UPDATE MORE OF THE SILENT HEART MORE OFTEN. UNTIL THEN PLEASE ENJOY THE CHAPTER

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

The rain pours down like the Gods were flooding the world. However, it didn't wash away the tension the group was feeling. The murderous ronin continued to smirk at the girl's perplexed face. "Ashikaga?" Dororo asked in confusion but, Koharu didn't listen to the boy's confusion. "How do you know my name? I never told you." Koharu stated with a harsh glare. Yet, the ronin didn't waver at Koharu's anger. "Both of our swords have been mortal enemies since the beginning of time. Darkness against Light. Good versus Evil." The ronin spoke confusing, the group. "What I have is a Demon Sword, while you, Young Ashikaga, is God's Sword." The ronin clarified but, that didn't help at all. "God's Sword?" Koharu inquired with confusion written on her face. Hyakkimaru can't hear nor see what was going on. Yet, he could see the man's sword emits a red aura showing that the sword was a demon. The strangest thing was the red aura clashed with a yellow luminosity from Koharu's weapon. "Look, I don't understand what type of bullshit your spatting but, I know this. I won't allow you to hurt anyone else!" Koharu shouted as she pulled out her sword.

Suddenly, the man sprang towards her and tried to cut her down. Koharu saw the attack and quickly deflected it with her sword. "BIG SIS!" Dororo cried out in fear making the girl turned her gaze to the child.

Big mistake.

The ronin noticed her distraction and had a window of opportunity. He was about to decapitate her until a third sword deflected the strike. Koharu gasped to see Hyakkimaru protecting her, "Another cursed blade, how interesting?" the man uttered before striking again. The battle only grew more intense as the three skilled warriors drew away from the blood pool. Hyakkimaru and Koharu worked as a team, each providing cover for the other. The three swordsmen stopped near the edge of a cliff, "That man of yours, he's just like me." The man breathed as his eyes began to glow red. "There is a demon in his blade." He said as his blood lust spread. "Sorry, that isn't any of your damn business!" Koharu yelled as her sword began to burn, yet, it didn't sting. "Still, that won't save you, Ashikaga!" The man yelled before he slashed at Koharu. But, Hyakkimaru got in front of her and took the cut. The girl felt unbridled rage when she saw the blood on the boy's cheek. The glow grew more intense as she gripped the handle tighter. Just before the man could stab the teens' Hyakkimaru raised his leg to stop the sword's intent. The man gasped at the action but, he didn't see Koharu. She swung her sword to hit the demon sword away from him. The man merely smiled just before he fell off the cliff. Koharu huffed as she wiped away her sweat. "Hey, Hyakkimaru, Big Sis!" Dororo's voice rang out of the forest. Koharu turned to see Dororo and Nota running towards them. "Did you get him?" Dororo asked as he set down the bag and prosthetic before looking over the edge. "Dororo, be careful," Koharu warned as she put Hyakkimaru's arm on. "He fell from here?" Dororo asked the teen while Nota looked down as well. "Yeah, he did..." Koharu said with a grim expression. "Hey, Big Sis, are you okay?" Dororo asked as he saw the look on her face. "Oh yeah, sorry. I'm still a little freaked after what that man said. I don't understand how he knew my full name." Koharu pondered as Dororo saw that Hyakkimaru was missing something. "Your leg, huh? Hold on." Dororo said before he and Nota ran into the thick wood. "Dororo!" Koharu yelled at the boy but with was too late.

Koharu just sighed as she turned her attention to Hyakkimaru. She saw the look on his face. He was shocked and confused, then Koharu gently cupped Hyakkimaru's injured cheek. "Hey, it's okay. I know this is still new to you, but you'll get used to it." Koharu said with a smile before she got out a bandage and placed it on his cheek. "But that doesn't mean you can go get yourself into more trouble! You have to be careful and try not to get hurt, alright?" Koharu asked, even though he was still deaf. Hyakkimaru turned towards the blue soul and felt something strange just before the girl was about to find the little boy Hyakkimaru kept her hand on his cheek. Koharu felt her cheeks burn like there was a fire, while she didn't realize it. She and Hyakkimaru were leaning towards each other by some unknown force. They drew closer until they interlocked their lips together. They didn't let go but held on to each other like a lifeline. If one of them lets go, they'll drown in the sea of passion.