🀉 Chapter 5: Village of the Bandai 🀉

{Sengoku Era}

The sun was shining on a new day, and the gang was getting ready for the day. "Big Sis, I'm going to see if there's any word about monsters that need to be slain." Dororo said before he started to run off into the forest. Koharu sitting on a rock cooking eggs that she found in a nest nearby. She was cooking the eggs on a stone that she heated for this purpose. Koharu was about to tell Dororo to wait, but it was too late for he was long gone. She only stared at the forest with a blank look until she turned to Nota who was happy munching on dry beef Koharu gave him earlier. "Go make sure that he doesn't get into any trouble Nota." Koharu ordered as Nota gave the girl a happy bark before he ran after the little boy. Koharu giggled at the puppy's cuteness before she went back to the task at hand. Koharu finished cooking the eggs and placed them on large leaves to use as makeshift plates.

She turned around to see Hyakkimaru standing behind her with his usually impassive face. However, Koharu notices something different about Hyakkimaru's appearance. His long hair that was pulled into a ponytail was even more disheveled than normal. Koharu snickered at this while the boy only stared in confusion at the girl's glowing soul. 'He's got some bedhead going on there.' Koharu thought to herself as she went back into the tent. Hyakkimaru was standing there in confusion until Koharu came out of the tent with a hairbrush in her hand. "Come here Hyakkimaru." Koharu grabbed his prosthetic arm and guides him towards the rock she was sitting on earlier. She made the boy sit down on the rock as she undid his hair tie and started to gently brush his locks of hair. Hyakkimaru was startled at the feeling at first but then relaxed at the girl's soft touch. Koharu couldn't help but smile at Hyakkimaru's relaxed form as she remembers all the times her Grandmother brushed her hair when she was a little girl. Then Koharu closed her eyes and took a deep breath before she started to sing a tone both her Grandmother and Grandfather would always sing to her when she was a little.

Take off, at the speed of sound

Bright lights, colors all around

I'm running wild, living fast, and free 

Got no regrets inside of me 

Not looking back 

Not giving up 

Not letting go 

I'll keep on running! 

I'm gonna reach for the stars 

Although they look pretty far 

I'm gonna find my own way 

And take a chance on today 

The sky with stars so bright 

The colors feel so right 

I never felt like this 

I'll keep on running! 

The sky with stars so bright 

The colors feel so right 

Just take my hand 

We're gonna reach for the stars 

Tonight...

Even though Hyakkimaru couldn't hear he somehow felt like he could. He leaned against Koharu's body in the hope to feel her soul's warm glow.

Tonight...