🀊Chapter 6: A Demon's Trap🀊

{Sengoku Era}

Dawn broke through the mountain tops and shines upon a brand new day our heroes were still sleeping due to the ruckus from the night before. "Good morning, are you awake?" Denkichi's voice was heard from the other side of the door. His voice woke Koharu, and Dororo up from their slumber, they had bed heads that were sticking up all over the place. Koharu yawn as she lifted her head from Hyakkimaru's chest. She was too exhausted to even be flustered to the fact that she had practically slept on the teen. Then the door slid open to reveal Denkichi all ready for the day. " Iron Maiden, Lady Bandai wishes to meet you and your companions." Denkichi said, but Koharu took note on his appearance today. His face was haggard and looked almost frightened. "Bandai? Oh yeah, the village chief." Dororo said wearied as he was rubbing his eye. "Yes, sorry we haven't even prepared your breakfast yet." Denkichi apologized to the group. "It's alright, but I must ask that you give us time to freshen up before we meet Lady Bandai." Koharu said as she bowed to the man. "Very well, I'll be waiting for you outside." Denkichi said before he closed the door behind him.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Once Koharu finished doing her morning routine, fixed Dororo's bed head, and grabbed their things, they followed Denkichi through the village. However, the village was extremely withdrawn compared to the day before. Everyone was in their house and looking through their windows as the Koharu and the others passed by. 'I see then Denkichi here is offering us to the Demon?'Koharu thought as she saw the people spying on her through their windows. "That is her residence." Denkichi told the trio. "Wow." Dororo said in astonishment as Nota yapped in the most adorable manner Koharu seen so far. The Chef's residence was practically a palace with so many buildings within the walls.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Koharu kept a tight grip on her sword once they were lead into a dark room. "Good day." Denkichi said before he closed the doors behind them. "Huh? It's really dark in here." Dororo said before a feminine voice called to them through the darkness. " I shall light a candle" Suddenly a light from a candle cut through the darkness to reveal a woman sitting upright on a comfortable looking bed but there was a sheet concealing the other half of the bed. The woman was very beautiful she had long black hair, and she was wearing a white Kimono. "Forgive me for being like this. I can't use my legs. I am Bandai, the chief of this village." Lady Bandai said in a calm and clear voice. Koharu noticed that Dororo was staring at the woman with a faint blush on his cheeks. The woman notices this too "Do I have something on my face, child?" Lady Bandai asks the little boy. "N-No, it's just you're really pretty." Dororo said with a smile. Lady Bandai smiles at the compliment as she hides her face with her sleeve. "Oh my, thank you. Forgive me for calling you to me, but when I heard the fabled Iron Maiden came into the village I had to meet you." Lady Bandai said as her eyes trails to Koharu body. Suddenly Lady Bandai notices the teen who stood next to girl "Oh, is this the man the villagers says travels with you, Iron Maiden? I never thought it would be you." Lady Bandai said. Then Nota started barking at the woman with hostility. "Nota what's wrong?!" Dororo exclaims as he picks the dog up and tried to make the puppy stop barking. That's when it finally clicked Hyakkimaru and Koharu unsheathed their swords at the woman who only smiled at them. Dororo yelped in confusion at the teens' actions.

"What are you two doing?" Lady Bandai asked with feigned concern. "Don't pretend to be innocent 'Lady Bandai' we already know what you are." Koharu said as she mocked the woman's name. Then Dororo grabbed ahold of the straps of her bag and Hyakkimaru's cloak trying to hold them back. "What are doing Big Sis?!" Dororo called out in confusion. "Dororo let go!" Koharu yelled at the boy as she and Hyakkimaru tried to shake the little boy off as Nota growled at the woman with aversion. "She's human Big Sis! Can't you see that?!" Dororo screamed out catching the attention of the others outside. Suddenly one of the doors flew open to reveal Denkichi and a group of men behind him. "Lady Bandai!" Denkichi cried out in worry as other men ran in to restrain the two teens. "Confiscate her possessions!" One of the men yelled as another man tried to take her sword, but failed as Koharu hit the man in the duodenum with the handle of her sword. The man fell to his knees and started to cough out in pain. At least half of the group tried to seize her, but they failed as Koharu kept on hitting them with the back of her sword or flipping them over her shoulder. However, more men came into the room and overpowered her. The men took her bag and her sword. "Grab the boy and the dog." Another man yelled as they also grabbed Dororo and Nota. "Take them to the storehouse." Denkichi ordered the men as they began to drag the group away. Just before Koharu was taken out of the room Lady Bandai and Koharu glared at each other one last time before they took Koharu and her friends away.