🀋Chapter 7: A Blast from the Past🀋

{Sengoku Era}

Our heroes were once again camping out for the night but this time with an added party member. Koharu changed into her black tank top and green camo jeans because her kimono would just get in the way of her task. She was busy stitching up Hyakkimaru's wound he got from the Bandai earlier that day. In the tent, Koharu used her electric lantern in order to do the procedure accurately. Koharu was on the last stitch right when Hyakkimaru started to wake up and move around in pain "Hyakkimaru stay still I'm on the last stitch don't worry!" Koharu yelled while she was holding the boy down, she didn't know what to do to calm him down, until she remembered something. Hyakkimaru suddenly stopped when Koharu started to ruffle his hair in a soothing manner. With that Hyakkimaru finally calmed down "Good, now stay still this might hurt but only for a second." Koharu reassures Hyakkimaru. As she sewed the final stitch she could see Hyakkimaru's face twisted in pain, but he laid there as still as he could. Koharu wished she comfort him while sewing the wound closed, but she couldn't for she needed two hands for this procedure. Once she finally finished the knot Koharu cut the excess thread with a pair of scissors before she started to wrap the wound up in gauze "There we go. Good as new." Koharu said before she cleaned and put the sewing kit away in her emergency kit. Koharu then went into her bag to find a bottle of Advil and her canteen "Here Hyakkimaru, this will help ease the pain." Koharu said as she put two tablets in his mouth and then giving water to swallow the tablets. After swallowing the pills Koharu gave him, Hyakkimaru pouted discovering that the pills that she made him eat had no flavor.

Koharu noticed the boy's pouting face and giggled at it. "What's the matter Hyakkimaru? Are you mad that it wasn't a brownie you ate?" Koharu asked while Hyakkimaru turned his head as if he didn't want to acknowledge that question. Koharu couldn't help but giggle at his reaction. "Okay, since you reclaimed another piece and the fact that you protected me, I guess I can let this slide." Koharu said with a smile before she dove into her backpack to fish out Hyakkimaru's favorite snack. Hyakkimaru turned his head around to see Koharu's soul take out something from her bag before he could even get up Koharu pushed him back down gently. "No, no, no. You can't get up for at least twenty-four hours young man." Koharu said before she shoved the brownie into Hyakkimaru's mouth. "You just stay here and rest okay, I'll bring your food later. Goodnight Hyakkimaru." Koharu said before she crawled out of the tent and zipped up the entrance. Hyakkimaru stared at the entrance for a bit before he went back to the brownie that was in his mouth.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

"How is he, Big Sis?" Dororo asked as Nota whined in concern. "He'll be fine. All he needs is rest and those stitches will be out in four days" Koharu said with a smile before she sat down with the boy and the priest. Koharu then poured the rest of her water in a small pot and put it over the fire to boil. "I must ask are you also a healer as well as a warrior young lady?" The old priest asked with curiosity. "Well, sort of...Actually, I only know the basics of the medical field." Koharu admitted. "Who taught you?" The priest asked while the young girl was watching the water begin to boil. "I learned the medical stuff from my Grandma while my Grandpa taught me how to wield a sword." Koharu said before she opened four packs of instant noodles and placed the dried noodles into the boiling pot. "Your Grandpa taught you how to use a sword, Big Sis?!" Dororo asked in disbelief. "Yep" Koharu said with a neutral face. "With the way how this country is I would understand why your Grandfather taught you." The old priest said with a sigh. "Oh no. It's not like that...You see I'm not from here." Koharu said with hesitation. "Oh, then where are you from?" The old priest asked the dark-haired girl. "Now that you mention it you never talk about home Big Sis." Dororo said making the teen flinch at the two. How was she going to get out of this one? "Well, we were traveling and fighting monsters so I didn't have time to talk about it." Koharu said as she started to break down in a nervous sweat. "We're not traveling nor fighting monsters." The old priest said with a smirk. 'Damn, he got me there.'  Koharu thought as she clenches her fist.