🀈Chapter 4: How The Iron Maiden Rise 🀈

{Sengoku Era}

As our heroes continued to walk through the forest once again in search for the next demon to slay, but this time they were not alone. For they had two new traveling companions along their journey Dororo the young ex-thief and the puppy who is now named Nota. They started to follow Koharu and Hyakkimaru after the fight with the sludge demon. While they were walking through the forest Dororo thought about what Koharu said about Hyakkimaru's sight. He decided to test it out by walking in front of Hyakkimaru and standing in his way. Hyakkimaru simply walked around the boy. 

"You can see. I knew it. You can see, right?" Dororo asked the silent teen. "Dororo, I already told you that Hyakkimaru can't see," Koharu said to the little boy as she was walking up to the boy and Nota following behind her. "But if he's blind how else could he fight that monster and understand you, Big Sis?" Dororo asked as he remembered the battle on the bridge. "Like I said Dororo, Hyakkimaru has a sixth sense something a supposed intuitive faculty giving awareness. It's something no one can really explain what it is but there are people who have it." Koharu explained while Dororo was scratching his head in confusion. "I still don't understand but you both were so cool. You shouldn't let it go to waste. You could....." Dororo trailed off until he realized that he was being left behind again. "Hey, are you listening to me, Big Sis?!" Dororo yelled as he and Nota ran up to the two teens who were ahead of them. "Hai, Hai..." Koharu said as she lazily waved her hand towards the boy.

"Do you and this guy always go around slaying monsters?" Dororo asked once he finally caught up with the teens. "Well, yeah if one comes our way. I mostly slay those monsters because they would try and hurt people and this guy might have more of a purpose for the slaying." Koharu pointed out as she remembers the event after they killed the demon from earlier. 'What happened back there...never in human history has anything like that ever happened. Human skin regrowing at a miraculous pace...Then again neither did time-traveling occurred in the past. Not that I know of anyway...' Koharu's mind wanders to what happened after she met Hyakkimaru.

(Flashback)

"So are you into cosplay or something?" Koharu asked as she was dressing her wounds from the fight she had with the beast. The boy across from her didn't answer but merely stared at her or more like her soul. Koharu felt slightly annoyed with the boy's quietness as she continued to put bandages on her cheeks. "Okay, then I guess we'll have to go into town and talk to the forest ranger since we were just attacked by giant snakes. Come on I know the area." Koharu said after she put her medical supplies away and strapped the bag on her back. Koharu turned to see that Hyakkimaru was still sitting on the ground. 'I wonder if he can actually hear me...' Koharu wonders as she strapped the sword on the inside of her belt buckle in order to hold the magnificent sword. 'I still don't understand where that light came from...' Koharu thought about the bright light that saved her from getting killed by the beast. Koharu shivered in fright at the memory. 'That thing was so close I couldn't even block it at that range...' Koharu sighed as she thanked God for the bright light that saved her from being torn to shreds. Koharu walked over to the quiet boy and held her hand out.

"Well, let's go before it gets too dark. If there's more of those things out there then we're in trouble." Koharu said with a smile. Hyakkimaru only looked at the soul in front of him as its beautiful blue color was holding out to him. Hyakkimaru slowly brought his prosthetic up to the girl's hand. Koharu gently grasped at the boy's wooden hand and pulled Hyakkimaru from the ground. The two teens started their way out of the forest but Hyakkimaru didn't pay any attention to where he was going. His attention was his joined hand with the girls'...

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀