🀌Chapter 8: A Demon's Sword vs A God's Sword Part 1🀌

{Sengoku Era}

The sky was dark and grey while the rain came streaming down from the gloomy sky. A lonesome woman stood in front of a Temple that was merely a small distance away from her village. The woman appeared to be praying to the Gods for something of great importance to her. Once the woman opened her eyes she heard a soft tone around the corner of the Temple; the sweet melody allured the woman to come closer to the source. Once the woman turned around the corner she saw Koharu and Dororo sitting on the Temple's floor playing with Nota, and Koharu was playing a song with a leaf flute.

The young woman couldn't help, but feel enchanted by Koharu's melody, and the girl's strange appearance. Koharu's dark raven hair was tied up in a high ponytail as a few strands of hair hung loosely on her shoulders. She was wearing a tanned coat that hugged her figure and a pair of green camo jeans. Not only that; but she was also wearing her dark green knee-high combat boots. The woman's eyes soon settled on Koharu's sword that was leaning on the edge of the wall. The sword was magnificent; a royal blue handle and its corners made out of genuine gold, with a ruby embedded in the center of the handle. The scabbard matched with the blade's handle; Royal blue with corners of gold and precious gems embedded into the scabbard making it beautiful. The woman looked back at Koharu and Dororo querying who the owner was. She doubted it belonged to the boy the blade was too big for him. Then, the woman looked at Koharu and wondered if she was the fabled Iron Maiden. No, it couldn't be, unless.

Suddenly, the woman noticed there was a man across from Koharu and Dororo. He was standing outside, letting the rain hit his body, soaking him in the process. Then the woman thought that the blade belonged to this man. "You there." The woman called out, but he didn't reply or even acknowledge her. "He won't reply." The woman turned her head around to see Koharu stopped playing her flute, as she stretched her arms out. "He can't hear a word you're saying. He's deaf up here." Dororo said as he demonstrated his ear to prove his point. "He's been standing there for a while now. If Hykkimaru doesn't take cover, he's gonna catch a cold." Koharu said in a stern voice, but her eyes showed concern Nota barked in agreement. "He can catch a cold for all I care," Dororo said with a hand under his chin. Until the boy felt an unexpected, fist hit his head in a swift moment. "OW! What was that for Big Sis?!" Dororo screamed out as he held his head. "Quit, acting like that Dororo. You and I both know that you care about Hyakkimaru." Koharu said with a smirk. Until Dororo lunged at the dark-haired girl and started a little brawl with Nota was barking at the two. The woman couldn't help but laugh at the scene before her. For it had reminded her of what she once had before the war began. The woman then looked at Hyakkimaru again "The rain. I think he's listening to the rain." The woman said making the two stop their fighting. "Huh? I told you, he can't hear." Dororo said even if his cheek was being pinched by Koharu." I just have a feeling." The woman said as she gives a smile to the boy. Dororo was confused as he stared at the woman.

Dororo and Koharu let go of each other "You're from a rich family, aren't ya?" Dororo asked making the woman thrown off by the question alone. "Pretty words, and a ladylike face. You're not some country girl." Dororo said until Koharu gave him a chop on the head. "Stop it Dororo your being very rude!" Koharu scolded with her hands on her hips. "OW! AT LEAST SHE'S LADYLIKE UNLIKE YOU!"Dororo yelled making Koharu have a vein mark on her head. "So I'm unladylike HUH?!" Koharu said in a low tone as flames began to rise behind her form. The two once again began their little brawl, making Nota and the woman sigh at their childish antics. "Well, the past is the past. I'm just another peddler now." The woman said making the two stop again. "Whatever," Dororo said as he leaned on the wall next to the sword. "I must ask. Is that man the owner of this sword? It's very unlike a swordman to not have his sword on him." The woman said while pointing at the sword.