𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲

———✰———

Later that evening Mike sat in the basement looking through Will's drawings as the two girls sat on the sofa, well Veronica was laying down watching Mike as El sat at her feat fiddling with Mike's intercom.

"Can you please stop that?" Mike snapped at Eleven only to be ignored "are you deaf? I thought we were friends, you know? But friends tell the truth. And they definitely don't lie to each other. You made us think Will was okay, that he was still out there, but he wasn't. He wasn't! Maybe you thought you were helping, but you weren't! You hurt us. Do you understand? What you did sucks. Lucas was right about you all along." As Mike said this last sentence Veronica's eyes widened in shock but before she could say anything, Will's voice came singing through the intercom in El's hand. Making her sit up and Mike to look up and run over to them.

"Will, is that you? It's Mike and Veronica! Do you copy? Over." Mike said after he grabbed the walkie talkie from El's hand.

"Will are you there?" He tried again after getting no response "Will!"

He finally gave up and shared a look with a gaping and speechless Veronica before they looked over to El.

"Was that? Was it...?" Mike stuttered out.

"Will" El replied smiling weekly at the two.

———✰———

The next morning after Mike had told his mom he and Veronica didn't feel like going to school and telling Lucas and Dustin they needed to come round. So there the four sat around El as she played with the intercom listening to Will's whimpering.

"We keep loosing signal, but you heard it right?" Mike asked Dustin and Lucas.

"Yeah, I heard a baby" Lucas replied.

"What?" Mike and Veronica asked in shock.

"Guys, you obviously tapped into the baby monitor. It's the Blackburn's next door" Lucas answered.

"Uh did that sound like a baby to you? That was Will! Lucas, you don't understand. He spoke last night. Words! He was singing that weird song he loves! Veronica heard it. Even El heard him!" Mike told him frustrated.

"Oh, well, if the weirdo heard him, then I guess..." Lucas said ignoring the part about Veronica hearing it as well which made said girl scoff.

"Are you sure you're sure you're on the right channel?" Dustin asked the three.

"I-I don't think it's about the channel. I- think, somehow, she's channelling him" Veronica said her usual confidence gone because of the science behind it, which made Mike smile like he did every time the girl used her secret nerd brain.