𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭

———✰———

Eleven had been screaming and whimpering on the floor of Starcourt mall for at least five minutes now holding onto Veronica's arm as if she were to disappear as the other were trying to figure out what was actually wrong with her leg and what to do about the fact it was moving.

"What is that?" Erica asked looking at the moving lump in awe and disgust.

"There's something in there," Mike remarked as whatever was in there looked like it was trying to break free which made the girl scream in pain as Veronica stroked her hair with the arm, that the other girl wasn't already gripping.

"No!" Eleven cried out as Dustin added a "Jesus Christ" in panic.

"Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan told mainly Veronica as he got up to get something.

"Jesus Christ" Dustin kept saying as Jonathan ran over to a restaurant in the food court.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stay awake. Stay awake" Veronica told her best friend who looked like she was going to give up and sleep.

"Let's get her on this side, on this side" Mike suggested causing them to drag her, so she was sitting up leaning against Veronica and had her hips twisted so her injured leg was on top of the other.

"It's, uh, you know, it's not actually that bad. There was a goalie in my soccer team, Beth Wilder, this other girl slid into her leg, and the bone came out of her knee,- six inches or something, it was insane-" Robin rambled softly trying to make the girl feel better as everyone looked up at her gaping in interest and almost amusement only for Steve to stop her.

"Robin" he interrupted making the girl top and look at him as they all snapped back to the whimpering girl "Yeah?" "You're not helping," Steve told the girl making her say "I'm sorry breathlessly" as she didn't know what to do. Any other time the scene of the two would have made Veronica giggle but currently, her best friend was screaming in pain on her lap and possibly close to death.

"Okay." Jonathan slid back in front of the girl's leg "All right, El? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?"

"Okay," The brunette whimpered as Jonathan slid on a pair of plastic gloves.

"Need you to stay real still. Here you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?" he handed the wooden spoon to Veronica who put it in El's mouth as she could barely move "Jesus Christ" Dustin muttered.

Jonathan got the knife he had sterilised and looked at the two girls one of who he was about to cut into leg "Holy shit" he muttered and El squeezed the hand of Veronica's she had a grip on which made Veronica tell the older boy "do it"

Jonathan cut in making El scream and throw her head back onto Veronica's shoulder and squeeze her hand as Dustin offered her his hand as well which the girl took and squeezed in pain.