𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐭

———✰———

The five were in Mikes basement after trying to contact Will, now they were trying to work out where Will was as Eleven lies on the couch with Veronica at her feet.

"What was Will saying?" Mike asked out loud interrupting the silence they were contemplating in.

"Like home...like home...but dark?" He questioned answering himself.

"And empty" Lucas added.

"Empty and cold. Wait, did her say cold?" Dustin asked.

"I don't know. The stupid radio kept going in and out." Lucas answered frustrated.

"It's like riddles in the dark" Dustin sighed.

"Like home. Like his house?" Mike tried.

"Or maybe like Hawkins" Lucas suggested.

"Upside down" Eleven let our softly making Veronica's eyes squint and head to turn to the side in contemplation.

"What'd she say?" Lucas asked.

"Upside down" Veronica breathes out in realisation.

"What?" Lucas asked again.

"Upside down" she repeated walking over to the D&D boards surprising ten boys.

"When El showed us where Will was, she flipped the board over, remember?" Veronica explained to the boys who eventually followed her to the table.

"Dark. Empty" Veronica breathed out only to receive strange looks from the boys.

"Do you understand what she's talking about?" Lucas asked the two boys.

"No" the two boys responded making Veronica sigh.

"Guys, come on, don't be such airheads, think about it. When El took us to find Will she took us to his house right?" Veronica started.

"Yeah. And he wasn't there" Lucas agreed still confused as to where she was going with this explanation.

"But what if he was there? What if we just couldn't see him? What if he was on the other side? What if-" she turned the board to the playable side "this is Hawkins and- " she turned it back to the black side "this is where Will is? The upside-down"

"Like is the vale of shadows" Dustin understood making Veronica squeal slightly and tapped the top of her nose whilst pointing at him in agreement making Lucas and Dustin look at her in surprise that she knew what that meant but Mike just smiled at her proudly. "The vale of shadows is a dimension that is a dark reflection of our world. It is a place of decay and death plane out of phase. A place of monsters. It is right next to you, and you don't even see it" Dustin readout of the game manual.