𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐞

———✰———

"E" Veronica muttered as she stepped towards her best friend.

"V" Eleven commented as they engulfed each other in a hug.

"Is that?" Max asked the boys who all gasped and nodded.

"I called you" Veronica smiled widely "every night. Every night for-"

"353 days. I heard" Eleven told her best friend.

"Why didn't you tell me you were there, E? That you were okay?" Veronica asked her confused.

"Because I wouldn't let her" Hopper intervened which made Veronica really confused but Mike got angry.

"Where have you been?" Eleven asked as Hopper pulled her into a hug which made Veronica upset that Hopper knew all this time where her best friend was.

"You've been hiding her? You've been hiding her this whole time?" Surprisingly it was Mike who snapped and not Veronica.

"Hey! Let's talk alone" Hopper told the boy as the two girls hugged each other again.

"Protecting her! Protecting her?" Mike snapped angrily at Hopper.

"Listen. Listen to me." Hopper started to explain "the more people who know about her, the more danger she's in. The more danger you and Veronica would be in."

"So What you couldn't just tell Veronica that El was okay," Mike spoke.

"Look just don't blame her" Hopper sighed.

"I don't blame her! I blame you!" Mike yelled as El was greeting her other friends in the living room.

———✰———

The group were stood around the table discussing their demodog problem.

"It's not like it was before. It's grown. A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with these dogs' Hopper explained to the group.

"Demo-dogs" Dustin inputted.

"I'm sorry, what?" Hopper asked.

"I said, Uh, demo-dogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put them together, it sounds pretty badass" Dustin answered which made Veronica giggle but only loud enough for anyone other than Mike and El to hear her, they both looked at her amused.

"How is this important right now?" Hopper asked completely bemused as to why the boy was talking about this right now.

"It's not. I'm sorry" Dustin bowed his head.

"I can do it" Eleven spoke up.

"You're not hearing me." Hopper started.

"I'm hearing you. I can do it." El stated confidently.