𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐲

———✰———

"Mom?" Will said drowsily as he woke up after he was rushed to Hawkins Lab in pain. Joyce walked over to him as Bob called for a doctor and Veronica and Mike woke up from the shared hospital chair they were asleep in.

"Sweetie, how you feeling? You okay?" Joyce asked as Bob re-entered the room.

"Okay, they're on their way," Bob told Joyce before he greeted Will "Hey"

"Who is that?" Will asked his mom referring to Bob which made the others share a confused look.

"What?" Joyce asked getting more worried.

"It's me, big guy. It's Bob" Bob tried to remind the small boy as Veronica and Mike shared a confused look.

"Are you a...Doctor?" Will questioned still confused.

"No. No, it's just me...just-just Bob." Bob stuttered as the group got more worried for the young boy.

———✰———

"Do you know your name?" Dr Owens asked.

"Will" the boy answered apprehensively.

"Your full name?" Dr Owens asked again.

"William Byers."

"Do you know-Do you know who I am?" Dr Owens carried on questioning the boy.

"A doctor" Will replied.

"Have we met before?" The dr tried.

"I don't remember" Will responded.

"You don't remember me? Okay," Dr Owens murmured pensively.

"How about, Uh how about these guys here?" Dr Owens pointed to Mike and Veronica making Will Look at the two who were practically attached at the hip.

"It's alright. Take your time." Dr Owens assured as Will didn't answer.

"Those are my friends...Mike and-and Veronica" Will told them making them all smile in relief.

"What about me, kid? You remember me? They tell me you helped save me last night. You remember that?" Hopper spoke up which made Will shake his head.

"Do you remember anything about last night? About what happened?" Dr Owens asked.

"I remember they hurt me," Will told him.

"You means the doctors?" Dr Owens tried.

"No" Will shook his head "the soldiers"

"The soldiers hurt you?" Dr Owens frowned.

"They shouldn't have done that. It upset him" Will said lowly which freaked everyone to who 'he' was.

"You say 'upset him'" Dr Owens said before handing Will a copy of his shadow monster drawing "is that 'him'?" Will nodded in reply "okay. Okay, I wanna try something. It's really gonna help us understand what's going on. Is that okay?" Dr Owens spoke to Joyce before he asked Will the last part which the boy needed to.

A man then came in rolling a metal trolly with part of the Upside down writhing around in a plastic box on top of it.

"Now Will, I want you to just let us know if you feel anything. Okay?" Dr Owens told Will before giving the go-ahead to the man by the trolley who started to burn the end of the creature.

"Do you feel anything?" Dr Owens asked Will.

"A little sting" Will answered uncomfortably.

"It stings? Where?" Dr Owens questioned.

"My chest" Will answered squirming as his heart rate got faster.

"Okay, son" Dr Owens assured before nodding to the man to burn more of the creature.

"How about now?" Dr Owens questioned.

"It-it burns. Ah! It burns" Will cried in pain.

"Where?" Dr Owens asked worried as Will's heart rate sped up.

"Everywhere" Will stuttered before he screamed out in agony.

"That's enough! That's enough! Stop!" Joyce shouted frantically at the man who burned the creature, who just ignored her.

"You heard her! That's enough! That's it! We're done! Okay," Hopper shouted to the man who finally stopped which made Will's heart rate calm down as Dr Owens took Hopper and Joyce out of the room to explain his theory.

———✰———

"Will. Will? Will?" Mike finally snapped the boy out the trance he was in while Bob and Joyce argued with the guards outside.

"What's wrong? Are you hurting again?" Mike asked worriedly.

"Uh-I saw something" Will leaned towards them.

"In your now memories?" Veronica asked.

"The shadow monster. I think I know how to stop him" Will whispered to throw two adorable Mike and Veronica shared another scared and worried look.

———✰———

"I-I'm sorry" Will apologised later on as the doctors were about to stop the shadow monster.

"What? What do you mean sweetie?" Joyce asked worriedly.

"He made me do it" Will cried which made Veronica's mind race with thoughts.

"Who made you do what?" Joyce asked scared for him and the men about to go into the Upside down.

"I told job. They upset him. They shouldn't have done that. They shouldn't my have upset him." Will cried starting to get hysterical which made Veronica look at him in terrifying realisation.

"The spy," Veronica said looking at Mike who looked at her just as scared but Joyce just looked confused.

"Whoa, Whoa!" The soldiers tried to stop the two.

"We need to get through!" Mike shouted as he and Veronica squirmed in the soldier's arms.

"It's a trap! It's a trap! We need to warn them!" Mike shouted as Bob took them from the soldiers.