Diary Entry 2

A/N: WARNING!!!!!!!! mentions of BLOOD!!!

Moving into dorms was way too exhausting... I really wish my parents were here helping me unpack, or maybe even Trevor and his servant, Orion, but there was no way they were gonna fly to France and back to America. I doubt my parents could afford those tickets... but that doesn't matter; my room's all set! My closet has a decent supply of uniforms and jackets for when it gets cold, and I even managed to fit my Ciao Cat hamper in there, too! My bed spread is also Ciao Cat, and I got some bed raiser thingies to hold it up higher so I can fit stuff underneath my bed. The only advantage of a twin-sized bed is being able to have the cutest bed sheets ever, and that's about it.

I was trying to put some fairy lights up around the right side of the room where my bed is, but I wasn't going to risk falling and breaking my spine. My lace pastel backpack is tucked underneath my desk, which has my laptop, a mirror, my travel makeup box, and— crap! My jars of blood! ... don't ask. Summoning Servants is a hassle. I've been acquiring this since high school; I hope to GOODNESS that it's enough for the ritual.

Speaking of summoning, the first day of classes were today! We didn't talk too much about summoning, but it's fun to have Bryn in almost every class. I don't think I'm going to like the Heroes and Villains class... the professor's kind of stuck-up, and seems biased against negatively-aligned servants. He even said that those who summon chaotic or evil-aligned Servants are practically doomed, and a chaotic evil Servant will just eat up your soul until you, or it, eventually dies. I really don't like how pessimistic he is towards chaotic and/or evil Servants. They're Servants, too! Maybe he just had a bad experience and wants us to avoid them? Either way, it's almost completely random who you summon, or if you manage to summon at all. It's just the first day, so I'm sure we'll learn more about the summoning process later on, but I'm praying the professor doesn't keep this bias up. It's going to ruin the whole class... and I'm too nervous to speak up about it.

Do you think I'm being too nice? Like, if I summoned a Berserker, I'd love them just as much as if I summoned someone like Jeanne D'arc! Are you not supposed to? Just writing that makes me feel uncomfortable... I believe the Master should love their Servant no matter what alignment they are, even an Avenger. Goodness, Avengers. I don't know of many, and as far as I know, no Avenger has ever been summoned during a Holy Grail War, but they're über powerful! Granted, I think they're only strongest against Rulers, but that means an Avenger could pummel a servant like Amakusa! Wait, I don't think a Ruler has ever been summoned during a Holy Grail War either... never mind.

I told Bryn how I felt about the professor's bias, and she said she caught onto it too! We talked about it over some Erapan mac and cheese while we waited for our next class about French literature. I'm not sure how that's important to a master's course load, but I'm sure I'll see why when I get there. It's like when I had to take a math class for this even though I'm not majoring in math. Oh wait, we ARE in France... it makes sense for them to want to teach us about their literature, huh?

The rest of the day was same old same old with the Heroes and Villains professor hanging on my mind. Can you really just stereotype a Servant by their alignment? It isn't fair! I want to show him that he's wrong, I really do, but I have no idea how I'm gonna do it... it's not like I'm gonna summon a chaotic-evil servant my first time. No matter who I get with my absurdly large amounts of blood (I'm never telling what kind), I'm going to prove that guy wrong. Wish me luck!

-Robin

A/N:  "Ciao Cat" = Hello Kitty ; "Erapan" = Panera Bread. thank you so much for reading!!! <3