Diary Entry 4

I WAS going to give henna tattoos to the children of the town nearby, but I was completely caught off guard by my studies! I've never been so exhausted... I've been practicing drawing miniature sketches in my notebook, and even writing down what I have to say for the incantation! It's like... "Heed my words!" something, something, something. There's so much to say, but I know for a fact that I'm gonna use my textbook as a crutch. Here's a sketch of the summoning circle for reference!

Dang, that's practically perfect! Hours of practice and studying really pays off!

Bryn told me that talk about the Holy Grail War on social media was on fire about a rider Servant sighting... masters are already summoning, huh? I guess that means Bryn and I better get to it, then. I've been planning out what I'm gonna do. My professor keeps talking about this abandoned jailhouse somewhere deep in the woods, so I think I'm going to go there. I looked up pictures, and it honestly looks like this big building in a town! The town is barren, of course, but still.

I have my relic too, which I'm surprised I haven't written more about. I got it from my brother who said it was just a thread of rope he found on the floor of one of the cellars in some ward he visited when he came to France to talk to the Prime Minister. Does France still have Prime Ministers? I keep forgetting how famous Trevor is. He still has Artemis and Orion; he only used one of his command seals, and if servants weren't killed in combat, they could stay with their master even if the master used all their seals. It's almost like an eternal pact to stay with each other till the end... and I think that's so lovely! I promise to take care of my Servant for the rest of my life! 💖

The jars of blood are in my ita bag, and I really wish they weren't. I'm not hauling my backpack all the way to that jailhouse, though. I made sure to tie them up in a shopping bag in case they spill, but... I'm not looking forward to this. Could I wear a glove instead of dipping my hand in there? It's gonna be so nastyyy!! I'll be alright drawing the summoning circle; I have a piece of chalk I got from the school store, and I'm obviously bringing my textbook.

Maybe it's just me, but the incantation sounds really mean? It's almost like- well, a command! I don't want to sound demanding towards my Servant... everyone seems to treat them like objects. They were people once too! We still need to treat them like one! Is that so wrong? I'm probably going to give my own word before I go and read from the book or, hopefully, recite the incantation from memory.

Now that I think about it, I think the tiny strand of rope is going to get lost in the blood that I use to make the circle. I'm imagining like, putting it in the middle and then it just sinks into the blood. Would it still work? I really hope it does... Oh! I wish the best of luck to all masters when they summon their Servant! Summoning can take a lot out of you, so I hope they bring some water and snacks with them to prevent them from losing consciousness either before, during, or after the ritual! I got my water bottle and peanut butter balls in my ita bag, so I'm all set.

I think I'm gonna summon tonight after I know for sure Bryn has gone to bed. I hope she doesn't think I'm being mean by not bringing her; I just want to do this on my own, you know? It sounds really rude, and it hurts to write, but I think I need to do this on my own. I want to reassure her that I'll be okay, but I think that'll be soiling the surprise... can I really call it a surprise?

Well, after I write all this down, I'm gonna wait for the "Gn fam" text and head out. I hope I don't forget anything at my dorm or get lost... wish me luck!

-Robin