05. damn you, jeon jungkook

I clicked on the button so the rice was cooking when I heard the doorbell to my house ring. I had a feeling it was Jungkook behind the door and I really, really didn't want him here.

Maybe I should leave him outside?

I sighed, wiped my hands with a cloth before walking towards the door and opening it for him.

"My mom's in the bathroom," I stated, after opening the door. He looked up from his phone and smiled at me before walking in—without me saying if he was even allowed to come in.

"Nice," He said, looking around.

"You know you don't have to be here. I rather you just leave," I remarked, keeping the door wide open in case he changed his mind. "I don't know what my mom was thinking,"

He faced me before furrowing his brows. "I don't mind it though," he shrugged. "Plus we're alone at the moment. Don't you feel the urge to ask me your lame interview questions?"

"And why do you care if I'm feeling the urge to ask you my lame interview questions?" I asked, crossing my arms. "Why're you bringing it up if your not going to answer them in the first place?"

"Because, that's the only topic we're able to talk about when we're together," he replied. "We have nothing else to talk about besides that right? I mean, for the past 7 years we have nothing else to talk about except you wanting me to answer your questions about my restaurant."

"Jungkook, what are you getting at?" I uttered, feeling confused whilst I watched his expression change.

"Aera, it's been 7 years and you're not even asking me how I've been feeling without you by my side," he quietly said. "Instead you're worried about getting a project done to satisfy your boss."

I swallowed, feeling at loss with words. "What are you talking about? You're the one who left me," I muttered, the feelings I felt 7 years ago beginning to pile up.

"Jungkook! You're here!" My mother exclaimed walking in the room.

"Uh, actually he was just leaving," I remarked, opening the door wider. I shifted my gaze to him, his eyes not leaving mines whilst he walked to the door.

"Actually, I'm staying," he said, closing the door behind him. "I'll stay and eat Aera's perfect cooking,"

I glared at him whilst a small smirk played on his lips. Damn you, Jeon Jungkook.

I tried slicing the carrot into thin slices like how I've seen people cut them for bibimbap, but it was actually more difficult than I thought. I shifted my gaze to my mom and Jungkook having an interesting conversation at the table whilst I was over here cooking by myself.

It was already difficult enough that Jungkook would be the one trying my food too—more like embarrassing actually. I hated cooking and I never cooked for myself so this really was a challenge. But I had to show him I was capable of doing anything.

I shifted my gaze back to cutting my carrot which was starting to look a little funny because of all the different ways I was trying to cut it in. I sucked in a deep ass breath, feeling myself beginning to give up when I felt someone behind me.

I turned my head only to find myself inches away from his face when he wrapped his hands around mines and began to help me cut the carrot in the way that was right.

"Slice it through the middle first," he mumbled in my ear, causing my breathing to get heavier, shivers running down my body. "Then you do this, it's not that hard."