16. home sweet home.

I walked inside my house, exhausted and ready to take a twenty minute long shower. I turned the tv on as I made my way to the kitchen to find a quick snack to eat.

"The police has closed this case since it's come to an end. The imposter who goes by the name Eun Taejoon has been found last night passed out by what we can say was the cabin where he put the women he'd kidnap..."

My eyes shoot up to the screen and I tightened my grip on my bag of ramen. "Hope he rots in that hell of a prison he's going to." I muttered, my voice full of hate.

I turned off the television and got ready for my shower. After my shower, I got out, wrapped myself in a towel when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Aera. Are you okay right now? Did you see the news about that Taejoon guy? He got arrested!" Jungkook said over the phone.

I furrowed my brows. "How'd you get my phone number?" I asked and heard him clear his throat.

"Is that important right now?" He said. I softened my face and got out of the bathroom when something flew across the ground.

"Aera? Oh Aera," I heard him say when I halted, my eyes widen. I carefully crept closer to my kitchen when I eyed a few rats munching on a bag of cookies.

I screamed as loud as I could, dropping my phone when their dark round eyes shifted to me.

"HOLY SHIT!" I screamed, ready to sprint and within seconds, the rats ran towards me. I moonwalked as I screamed at the top of my lungs, turning to run to the living room and onto the couch when I slipped on water dripping from my body and fell face first onto the floor.

I bit my bottom lip, turning around whilst I sat up to find the rats nowhere to be found. I fixed my fallen towel when the door was kicked open and a worried Jungkook came running in.

"AERA I'M HERE TO SAVE YOU!" He shouted, holding a kitchen knife in his hands before shifting his gaze to me. He gaped and I quickly turned my back to him whilst I fully toweled myself before getting up.

"You kicked my door open!" I shouted pushing him aside whilst I checked my broken locks. "You're paying for that,"

The fact that I was in front of him now, half naked. I tried changing the subject.

"I-I thought—I heard you scream so I thought—,"

"Y-You thought—you thought what!?" I exclaimed, mocking him. "That Taejoon got out of prison and tried to kidnap me again?"

"Yes, I did," he stated. "Not just Taejoon, but every other creepy stalker guy!"

"Like you're not one," I remarked, covering my body with my arms whilst I walked away from him.

"Look, I didn't know you were showering," he said rubbing the back of his neck and putting the knife down on the counter.

"I know you didn't," I replied before sucking in a breath. "Thanks anyways. Now I know that if I ever need your help, I'll just call you and scream at the top of my lungs."

I watched as a small, but very sweet smile plastered his face. "Are you blushing?" I slightly laughed and he stopped.

"Can you go change?" He said, swallowing whilst looking away and my eyes widen.

"I'll be back, by then, you try fixing my door or I'm reporting you for intrusion," I warned.

"Hoseok would let me off the hook though," he taunted and I shifted my glare to him when he slightly laughed before turning to my door.

"Why were you screaming?" He asked and I froze, suddenly remembering how disgusting and hairy those small creatures were.

I shivered in disgust before looking at him. "I saw rats eating in my kitchen," I uttered in disgust. "I'm going to call the exterminator."

"Are you sure it's not Ratatouille and his friends trying to cook for you because you suck?" He joked, suddenly laughing like crazy at his own joke and I glared at him, pursing my lips.

"Fuck you, Jungkook," I said, getting up from the couch when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me down to sit next to him again.

"Don't go," He said. "I like sitting here and talking with you,"

"Then, Jungkook. I wanna ask, you've never told me how Jin did it," I said, looking into his eyes.

He looked away, fumbling with his hands. "There's a lot I didn't tell you about Jin." He softly said.

"I'm sorry, it's okay if you don't wanna—,"

"No I'll tell you. It's now or later anyways. So, to start off, Jin's actually just my half-brother, we only share the same mother but that's it. Yes, we're only a year apart, but it's because his father died when he was only a few months old and then my mom met my dad. My parents told him about his dad, and he then wanted to used his real surname, but my mom wouldn't let. So he's actually a Kim, not a Jeon. That's a bit about him. And, I actually didn't see what happened to him. I was at an arcade with Taehyung when I heard what happened. Before I knew it, they already took him to the hospital when I got home and my parents wouldn't let me see him at all. They told me to stay home and I was confused because I wanted to see my brother and I was angry because I thought, how could he just do that to himself and leave me? After that, we had the funeral and it was actually a closed casket funeral. So I never got to see him after he committed suicide."

"You never got to see him," I mumbled, sucking in a breath. "I see..."

It was a closed casket. And Jungkook never got to see Jin when it happened. How ironic.

—