14. motel

"Jin?"

His smile immediately dropped and before I could speak he swiftly put his hat back on, grabbed his bag and ran inside the trees.

"J-J-Jin? Jin!" I shouted, about to run to him when I heard the imposter behind me grunting. I gasped before turning around only to find him twitching.

I widen my eyes and ran to him, kicking him once more before running, as fast as I could away from him. I just continued to run forward up the road, anywhere just away from there.

I ran to the bus station nearby, pushing through the doors, keeping my foot moving when I ran into someone, again.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," He said, holding onto me when I pushed him away. We met eyes and I gaped, trying to catch my breath. "Aera?"

"J-Jungkook," I said, my eyes widen. I suddenly thought of Jin—or whoever it was that looked like Jin.

It was impossible to believe though considering how he passed away 10 years ago.

I swallowed and he furrowed his brows before cupping my face. "Why're you all wet," he softly said. "What happened?"

"Jungkook! You have to call Hoseok," I barely breathed. "There's a criminal over there! By the trees!"

"Aera, wait, slow down," he said. "What criminal?"

"He—He lied to me. He told me he was Eun Taejoon, a reporter who wanted to interview me, but turned out he wasn't,"

"Eun Taejoon? Eun Taejoon!?" He quickly shouted. "Where? Where!?"

"Across the street by the trees," I quickly said pointing out the doors. "But, Jungkook, I really don't want to go back there. I can't, I can't face him again. I-I knocked him out cold but I don't know if I can face him again. Please, just call Hoseok and tell him to come take him,"

"I will, I will, Aera," He quickly assured. "But, did he do anything to you? Did he touch you at all? I swear to fucking god if he laid a hand—,"

"Jungkook I'm fine. I'm fine, look at me. I'm fine, I really, I really really hurt him. I'm fine, Jungkook," I said, on a verge of a breakdown.

Somehow Jungkook's presence made me want to cry. I just wanted him to hug me, to tell me everything will be alright.

"Okay, okay, shh, I'll call the police," He said, before swiftly taking off his jacket. "You're soaking wet, let's go sit down first,"

I sucked in a breath whilst trying to calm myself down. "Call Hoseok, okay? Call him," I quickly said, beginning to shiver.

Everything back there happened so fast. I couldn't make sense of anything.

"Jungkook," I said, looking at him after we've sat down. "Why're you here?"

He paused before sighing. "I came here to find someone, but I can't seem to find him anywhere,"

I kept my gaze on him for a while before biting my bottom lip. "Jungkook," I said. "What would you do if Jin was still alive?"

There was a moment of silence. "We'd probably be a chef together," he slightly chuckled. I slightly smiled when he put his phone to his ear.

I creased my brows together whilst I kept my eyes on him, my heart beginning to wrench. I moved my arms in his jacket sleeves before zipping it up whilst I tried to stop the shivering.

After he finished his phone call, without thinking, I leaned in and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him into a hug.

I deepened the hug whilst I buried my face in the crook of his neck. I felt his arms slowly wrapping around my waist, my heart beginning to leap.