06. car bump

"There are usually shooting stars around here at this time of the month," Jungkook said, handing me a bottle of coke.

"Thanks," I said, taking it from him. "Shooting stars? Here? Tonight?"

"Yeah," He said. "There's one once every week this month. It comes for a month every year. Only during the month of April though,"

"Oh," I said, staring up at the sky. There were a lot more stars up in the sky here than back at home.

"Share a coke with BTS?" I heard him mumbled. "What's a BTS?"

I squinted at him. "You don't know who BTS is?" I said. "You're living under a rock or something? It's a 7 member boy group. J-Dope, Genie, Yeon Ki Kim, Monie, Christian Chim Chim, Jack and Justin Seagull. Seriously Jungkook? You don't know who they are?"

"Justin Seagull? You're serious?" He muttered, his face in shock.

"Yeah," I nodded, slightly laughing. "To be honest, he kinda looks like you,"

"Oi, never. My face is one of a kind," he scoffed. I rolled my eyes before looking back up at the sky.

"How long have you been living next door?" I asked, opening my can of coke.

"Ever since 7 years ago," he replied and I slightly nodded.

"By yourself?"
"No, I lived with a friend, but he moved out after college,"

I shifted my gaze to him. He kept his eyes up at the sky, probably anticipating the shooting star that was about to appear.

"Jungkook, do you make a wish every time you see one?" I asked and he looked at me.

"I told myself, 'Does a shooting star actually make your wish come true? If so, I'll make it a wish of a lifetime,'" he sighed. "So, I made the same wish every time I saw one."

"Has it come true yet?" I questioned and he looked up for awhile before looking back at me.

"You tell me," he remarked, his eyes kept on me. "Has it come true yet?"

I raised my brows before looking up at the sky. I didn't know what else to say. Does it actually make your wishes come true though? What should I ask when I see it?

"Kim Yugyeom!" I shouted when he got in the car. "You didn't get any notes from yesterday did you? You fell asleep didn't you!?"

He stared at me in awe, his mouth opening to speak. "I-I, how'd you know? Were you spying on me?" He stuttered, slightly chuckling.

"Magic, Newbie. It's called magic," I replied, turning on the engine before backing out of his driveway.

"Yeah right. Magic," he scoffed.

"I have eyes on the back of my head," I muttered when I felt the back bumper of my car hit something.

"Aera," Newbie mumbled, his eyes wide.

"Shit, I'll be right back," I stated, getting ready to get yelled at the driver I accidentally hit, not even that hard, just slightly hit.

The driver got out of her car and I plastered a wide frown whilst walking towards her.

"Oh my god. I am so sorry! I did not mean to hit you, you were just in the way when I was backing up!" I sarcastically uttered in sadness.