09. caught in the closet

I gaped, my feet frozen onto the floor when he stared at me with his eyes widen.

"Aera?" He said. "W-what, how did you get in here?"

"Uhhhh, um, I, well—," I stuttered, quickly trying to find the right words to come out. "I was just about to jump out the window, but then you came in, so plan failed and I didn't break a leg. Oh gosh, I'm sorry."

I bit my nails nervously before running out of his room, bumping him a bit on the way. I quickly ran to the top of the stairs when I felt him grab my wrist, stopping me from running away further.

"Aera," he said, pulling me to face him. "Why were you in my room?"

"I wasn't," I replied, not looking him in the eyes. I didn't know how I felt exactly. Nervous, embarrassed, the feeling of being caught doing something you shouldn't have.

"What do you mean you weren't? I saw you in my closet, you definitely saw me look you straight in the eyes." He muttered and I looked at him.

"Okay, well I was in there. But only because I was hiding from you," I replied, before removing his hand off mines. I turned away when he took my wrist again, making me face him again, a bit too closely this time.

"What did you do that made you in the need to hide from me in my own house?" He asked, arching a brow. He didn't look angry or happy. He just looked, curious, surprised and confused.

"Jungkook, you didn't want me to take a picture of you smiling or not smiling. I only have a few days left before my article is due. I haven't even written a paragraph yet. I needed a picture of you so I can put it in my article, to complete it. So I had no choice but to sneak in here to find a picture of you smiling," I confessed, blinking hard. "Or not smiling... Whatever,"

"And what if I don't give you a picture?" He asked, letting go of my wrist.

I crossed my arms. "You wanted me out of your restaurant didn't you? I can't give you that if you won't give me a picture in return," I said before looking away and sighing.

"Then don't stop coming," He softly said and I looked at him.

"What are you? Mr. Bipolar? You told me—,"

"—I told you that you shouldn't come anymore if you were going to keep harassing my workers." He remarked, cutting me off.

"Who said I was going to stop then?" I taunted before turning away when he grabbed the hem of my shirt, pulling me against him.

I pushed him away when suddenly I felt my feet slipping off the corner of the top stair and in a split second he swiftly moved his hands to both my wrists, pulling me closer to him.

I looked him deep in the eyes, hearing my own rapidly increasing heartbeat whilst he gazed back, his eyes not leaving mines.

Our faces were just inches apart, my lips were sealed shut and even if I tried making a remark, nothing would come out.

"Jungkook—I—um—I should leave," I quietly mumbled, looking away from his gaze. He moved his hands off me and I sucked in a breath.

I quickly looked around, running my hand through my hair before pushing him away and running out of his house.

sorry i haven't updated! i totally forgot and i've been so stressed with school.