♡ interlude ♡

~ d a i s y ~

tyler has been giving it his all every night. every performance had an energy that was hard to describe, but every person in each crowd he performed for felt it. felt safe. felt at home.

just like tyler made me feel.

he's my home.

"hey ty?" tyler looked up from his phone and gave me a big smile, the one that had brought me so much warmth for what felt like years.

"yes, my daisy?" as those words fell out of his mouth it felt like candy to my ears. I never want him to stop calling me that.

"thank you for giving me a home." tyler smiled, but at the same time he looked confused. his head was tilted to the side and his bushy brows were slightly furrowed, like he was trying to solve a puzzle.

"what do you mean by that?" he asked.

"my whole life I've always felt like everywhere I went, I didn't belong. I've always stuck out like a sore thumb. but being with you, watching you do what you love and making all of these people's nights a night they'll never forget, makes me feel safe. I've finally found where I belong, and that's with you." in that moment, it seemed like he had just been told that he had won the lottery. it looked like the sun was spilling out of him. his golden honey eyes were wide and kind, and he wore the biggest million dollar smile on his face.

he hugged me and didn't let go for a while

——

the bus was rattling with every bump it hit, and I was trying to get some sleep as I stared out the window, watching the blur of street lamps  whizz by. the moon was shining brightly and reminded me of the night on the phone.

"notice how the moon shines brightly, and how you and I are looking at that very same moon."

I smile to myself, remembering how he sung me to sleep that night. we've both come so far in our relationship since that night. now I'm in a tour bus with him while he lays down next to me, bundled up in bedsheets. I feel the mattress shift and suddenly tyler wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer to him, my back against his chest. he kissed the back of my neck and whispered into my ear,

"that moon is almost as gorgeous as you." I smiled and turned over to look at him. the moon was glowing over his face and it was just enough light for me to see his beautiful eyes. I didn't realize I was staring until he said, "what?"

"nothing. you're just beautiful."

a comfortable slience came over the bus and it felt like it was only the two of us as he ran his gentle fingers through my hair. our breathing fell into a rhythm and for a while it was the only sound in the room besides the dull whirl of the bus moving.

"tyler?" I asked as I broke the silence.

"hm?" he answered.

"I'm really scared."

"I know, baby. I am too. more than you know." he said in a gentle, caring voice.

"I just hate waiting. I really just wanna get it over with so I can't overthink the whole thing. the more I think, the more terrified I get."

"then don't think, angel. just stay here with me and you'll be just fine. this is just the interlude of this album we're playing right now, we're halfway there. once it's over, you'll be glad you listened."