♡she's going to be forever♡

~nobody~

it has now been a full year since daisy had been through surgery, and the difference it made had really started to show. her posture was almost perfect, her once tight muscles in her legs were now loose and easier to work with, and her range of motion had improved dramatically. was it a miracle? no. was it an improvement? absolutely. although, the real thing that made it worth it to daisy, was everything she had learned from it. the surgery affected her in ways that she had never even been touched before. it gave her pain, it gave her sickness, and it gave her the knowledge of what it was like to feel completely and utterly helpless. but it also gave her strength. she thought she knew what perseverance was before the surgery, but now, the definition for her has completely changed. perseverance isn't just pushing through something and hoping that you'll get through it, perseverance is the will to get hit. hit by sorrow, hit by frustration, hit by confusion, hit by whatever is put in your way, and not letting it pummel you. instead, you hit back. you hit back and you ram yourself through it until you reach the finish line. now of course, perseverance is in no way graceful. you will have bruises and if you're lucky, maybe a few broken bones. but they always heal. daisy had learned how to heal.

as for tyler, the band was more successful than ever. he and josh were playing sold out shows every night, and it seemed like the fanbase had only grown bigger and stronger. josh was now married to debby, and jim, their beloved companion and service dog was as healthy as ever. daisy wasn't the only one who had learned something from the whole experience, though. tyler had been enlightened too. seeing someone he cared for in such a vulnerable condition made him realize something he already thought he had learned. turns out, it went much deeper than he thought.

tyler joseph had learned what it was truly like to love somebody.

love isn't just the aching infatuation and the burning feeling of wanting someone, it isn't just the dinner dates and long phone calls, and it isn't just the feeling of someone else's skin against your own. it is being presented with the hard and emotional circumstances and wanting to run and hide from it, but staying anyway. it is caring for someone so much that the thought of not holding them while they cry makes your stomach form knots. the sound of their voice is one that you grow to know every part of, and you begin to know their tiny mannerisms even more than they do. and the best part is, you don't even notice it. it just feels natural, it feels right to be with this person through everything and you do it without hesitation. that's what love is.

now, tyler was sitting in the cemetery where his first love and first wife jenna had been buried. he had made a point to visit her every once in a while and update her about everything that was going on in his life. an abundance of flowers surrounded her tombstone, and the light showering of rain seemed to make everything brighter. tyler used to hate rain, but that was yet another thing that his daisy had changed for him.
"hey, jen. i know it's been a minute, but life can't help but get in the way sometimes." he started, "there's a lot to tell you, actually. i'm happy that i have enough time to fit it all in." tyler always felt a bit silly talking to her this way, but somehow, he knew she could hear. he knew she could understand. "josh and debby's wedding was nothing but a beautiful night. wish you could've been here to see it." he smiled, remembering the day fondly, "debby's dress was beautiful, you would've loved it. she couldn't help but miss you the day she picked it out, she misses you a lot. she even reserved a seat for you at the ceremony." tyler started getting choked up, but he was determined to keep his tears to himself. "speaking of weddings, i proposed to daisy. god, i was so nervous. i thought i would never get that damn box open because of how much my hands were shaking." he laughed to himself, mostly in effort to keep the tears at bay. it worked. "we both cried. we hugged for a while, too. i just couldn't bring myself to pull away. eventually, josh had to pry us apart so we could go home."

tyler thought for a while. he thought about that night and the way her face lit up. the way she put both hands over her mouth and the way her body slightly trembled at the feeling of becoming someone's fiancée. the ring was simple but unique, just like her. it was a plain silver band, with a sparkling daisy placed delicately on top of it. on the inside of the ring, an engraving of the date they met could be seen. tyler finally broke the silence and said,

"you should see her, jen. she's beautiful. almost too beautiful. i've learned so much from her, so much that i thought i never would learn. seeing her after the surgery was so weird for me. it was different. it wasn't like seeing you in a hospital bed, oddly enough. you were frail and tired and i just knew there was nothing i could do. i knew it was the end. when i saw her, there was everything i could do. she was frail and tired too, but something was telling me it was gonna be okay. and it was. she's got this drive that is unlike anything i've ever seen in someone. her passion and love is unmatched to anyone else's. she carries so much art in her, so much that it seems to pour out of her and it never stops. it's this never ending flow of light so bright and energy so strong that it seems to surround you. the crazy part is, she actually puts up with me. i never thought anyone else besides you and josh would ever be able to understand who i was and what i wanted. but she did and still does. and i understand her, crazily enough. there's this mutual sense of such incredible support between us, that it feels like a warm hand on your chest. and i wanted that forever, so now, it's going to be forever. she's going to be forever, and i can't wait to tell you how it feels.

fin.