♡surgery is hard♡

♡
INSTAGRAM

14,000 likes   2,000 commentsdaisyy: tyler took this picture n i was trying so hard not to smile because he said, "be serious!! for the aesthetic!!" (come on, it's hard not to smile when you see him

daisyy: tyler took this picture n i was trying so hard not to smile because he said, "be serious!! for the aesthetic!!"
(come on, it's hard not to smile when you see him.)

d.aisyyy: THAT'S MY MF GIRL
twenty-one-rainbows: AN ICON
aexsthetictyler: i mean,,,we have to stan.
tylerrjoseph: you're the cutest thing i've ever seen.
daisyy: @tylerrjoseph no u.
cxtmylip: ^^that shit? cute as f u c k.
daisysbaby: i hope you're doing well, angel!! please take care of yourself!
yungjimdun: THANK YOU FOR NOT TAKING MY STICK. UNCLE TYLER TOOK IT LAST TIME.
daisyy: @yungjimdun i would never take your stick! you're my good boy!
debbyryan: i love you so much
daisyy: @debbyryan i love you more
joshuadun: i've never heard tyler say the word, "aesthetic". i need to change that.
daisyy: @joshuadun yeah, you really do. he sounds like a dad.
joshuadun: @daisyy he ALWAYS sounds like a dad.
daisyy: @joshuadun you right.
bandithoe: we love a happy n healthy sister.
chokeonsmokee: this is so cute i'm-
legendsoftrench: pls give us a post surgery update! we love you and we want to know how you're doing!

——
~daisy~

"daisy? you okay?"  tyler asked, sitting beside me on the couch. he looked down at me, waiting for me to answer.

"yeah, i'm fine, it's just that i'm kinda debating something."

"debating what?" he asked.

"well," i started, "the fans are really wanting to know how i'm doing. i want to give them a real, honest update but i just don't know how to approach it. should i be delicate about it? or should i just cut to the chase?"

tyler thought, in fact it was almost ten minutes before either of us said anything.

"i think," he started, breaking the silence, "you should just find a happy medium. be careful, but don't be afraid to be honest."

i smiled. it made sense, it really did. it's been five months and i think the fans deserve to know how it all went for me and how i'm doing now. the question was, how would i do it? twitter? instagram?

"so, should i do it on twitter or instagram?"

"instagram, prolly." i giggled at the way he said "probably" and kissed him gently on his cheek, causing him to hum happily.

——

"hey everyone!" i started. i had my phone propped up on a windowsill, allowing the natural glow of the sunlight to shine on my face. "so, i never ever do anything on the whole instagram tv thing, but tyler and i figured it would be the best way to update you guys on how the surgery went and how i'm doing." i already felt a wave of uncertainty wash over me. am i ready to talk about this? can i re-live this? regardless, i know that the fans deserve an explanation. so, naturally, i'm gonna have to pull through.
"so, i guess i'm just gonna start from the beginning." i went on to explain my disability to any new fans that might be watching, and explaining why i went through with the surgery. "it was horrifying. absolutely horrifying. i didn't know what to expect, i didn't know what the outcome would be whatsoever, and i was scared that i was doing it all for nothing. but, as always, tyler really helped me. he was the shining beacon of hope that kept me going." i paused, feeling my heart fill with love at the mere memory of him by my side. holding my hand, and vowing to never let it go. "i'm not gonna say it wasn't hard, because it was. i would wake up in the middle of the night not knowing where i was or how i got there. i would wake up in pain, sobbing my eyes out because the dull ache became too much to bare. i couldn't keep any solid food down, it felt like i was coughing up narcotics and acid." my eyes started to fill with tears, and i was so overcome with emotion that i didn't care to blink them back. "but god, tyler was there. tyler was there through everything. stroking my hair and saying, 'you're my daisy, you know that? you're my ever growing daisy and i love you more than my heart can handle.' he never ever left me to struggle alone." by now, tears were streaming down my face. i couldn't bring myself to wipe them away.
"he sung to me during the sleepless nights, and held me on the few nights where i did sleep. he does so much. i'm so lucky that even through moments of pain and fear, he never walked away. he only got closer." flashes of memories in the hospital flooded my mind and they were still so clear, so vivid. i finally managed to calm down a little bit, and the tears slowed down.
"needless to say, it helped. it did. after i was removed from the surgical wing, i started my rehab. i did about two weeks of physical therapy, and i actually did so well that i got to leave the hospital a week early." i smiled at the memory. "everyone was so happy. my parents almost cried and tyler kept beaming at me and telling me how much of a fighter i was." i stopped, remembering how good it felt to be done with the most hellish few weeks of my life. "i didn't feel like a fighter, though. i was just ready to get out of there." i laughed lightly. i could still feel the way the freshly washed bedsheets swallowed my body whole after not being in my own bed for so long. "and i did. i got home to texas but i moved in with tyler not long after. i guess to make a long story short, i feel better, i move better, and even though it was hard it was still worth it. to sum it all up, surgery is hard."

                                          ♡