First Day

Even tho it was dark outside, KID's alarm went off and the thief nearly knocked Conan off of the couch as he jolted up. The chibi whined and rubbed in his tired eyes, glancing halflidded up at the Kaitou who let out a synchronized groan. His hand reached over Conan and turned the source of the disturbing noise off, then locked gazes with Conan.
"Shouldn't you be sleeping upstairs?"
The child froze and averted his gaze thoughtfully. Somehow, KID thought, this was adorable for the usual all annoying detective.
"I... I had a nightmare..." he finally muttered and Kaito sighed, ruffling his hair.
"I see... Those can be pretty horrible."

He swang his legs off of the couch and stretched himself, his back muscles showing off to the chibi watching him.
"Coffee?" he offered two minutes later inside the kitchen and held up his cup.
"...coffee?" Conan replied disbelieving, "I am way too young for that."
KID laughed and pulled out another mug, pressing the switch to start the procedure.
"Right, you don't even remember. I... I don't know if it'll be good to tell you everything, but I don't know too much either. Sit down and hear me out, yes?"
Conan obeyed and climbed onto one of the chairs, curiosity picking at his nerves. Soon enough the magician put a hot damping mug of coffee in front of the detective's nose and he cautiously sniffed at it, wrinkling his nose in thought.

"Well... I should begin with your name. Your name is Edogawa Conan but that is only a name you use for cover. You claim to be seven years old and your parents live abroad. For the time being you live with Ran and her father at his detective agency."
The Kaitou took a deep breath to continue and Conan watched silently. It was fascinating how easy he could sit calm and listen. Other children his age wouldn't have managed that.
"Your real name is Kudo Shinichi. I don't know why or how, but something shrank you into this condition. You should be eighteen by now, my age. You-"
Suddenly Conan bent over, his hands shooting to his head with a highpitched cry. KID went as pale as a bed sheet and was on his legs in the next second, his hand resting on Conan's shoulder.
"Meitantei...! Oh god it was too much, wasn't it?! I'm sorry... I-I'll take it slower. Need a pill?"

Between tiny pained gasps the child managed a nod and his companion left the room. He couldn't remember. Why couldn't he remember?! His name was Kudo Shinichi but he used a cover name. Shrinking?! This was impossible! How could he have been seventeen before?! Tears rolled down his cheeks like waterfalls and Conan forced himself to take a sip of his coffee to calm down. Fortunately, it worked and tasted much better than he had expected it. He took a second sip right away.
The Kaitou returned and Conan gladly swallowed the pill before he became tired again. All the stress was getting to him and he felt like ready to pass out. KID made a worried noise and handed him a phone.
"Here, that's yours... If you need anything, I saved myself in your contacts. Gotta go to school now... Go to bed again, yes? You need it. Ah and, if we go out in public some time, could you call me Onii-chan or something like that? People... are sensitive to the name KID."
Conan gave a drowsy nod and slipped off of the chair to shamble out of the kitchen while Kaito left his house, whistling in joy. But as soon as the door closed Conan changed directions and went into the living room to curl up on the couch, covered in KID's blanket with his sweet smell all around him.
He needed this comfort.

Kaito paid little attention in class, he kept himself entertained by pranking all kinds of people. But his thoughts, oh surprise, hung at Conan.
He had made sure last evening to let all evidence to his real identity disappear, even tho he had shown him his face. He never knew wether Conan would attack him if he regained his memories.
"Can you believe that?!" Aoko hissed, shoving her phone into his face, ripping him out of his thoughts.
"What is it?! Can't you see I'm busy?!" he replied annoyed but nevertheless, still granted her a glance.
"Conan-kun went missing since last heist! People are sure it was KID but Otou-san doesn't believe that. Do you really think KID kidnapped him?"
Kaito had to try his hardest to not laugh at the unintended pun and answered her with a blank face.
"Don't you know KID? He doesn't steal people."
"Yes, but... still..."
Aoko looked sad, too sad for his taste. And he couldn't do anything to sooth her worries.

Meanwhile, Conan found out something quite interesting. His glasses were fake, he didn't even need them. Huffing, he threw them into the trash. Why bother with glasses when he could see just well?  Despite that... There was a broken tracker on them, too. His luck it was broken, he didn't want anybody to find KID's house. KID had enemies, dangerous enemies, he knew so far. Perhaps they even stuck that thing onto him? He assumed it broke because of his fall.
Conan aimlessly wandered around the house, trying to memorize everything to be of use later on. He honestly didn't want to bother his friend with asking him about everything.
Later on he had an idea, and a pretty good one, too.

Kaito entered his house and heard the welcoming hiss of pans while a smell of fried flesh tickled his nose. He couldn't help but sprint into the kitchen, startling the young detective who wore one of Chikage's way too big aprons and stood on a chair to use the stove.
"Meitantei what are you making? I didn't know you could cook," he asked, licking his lips. He could get used to this. Conan laughed and helplessly gestured in the air.
"Trust me, I had no idea. Apparantly, I can. For now I'm just preparing pork with ramen... Hope you like that."
"Of course! That's great of you, seriously."
Kaito let a small banner appear in his hands which told 'Good work Meitantei!' and Conan laughed again. He sat down and watched the child cook for a few minutes, speaking up soon after again.
"Not wearing your glasses, huh?"
"Why should I? Figured I don't need them. I threw them out into the trash. There... there was a broken tracker on them. I'm glad it was broken, who knows who could have entered by now."
Kaito froze and nodded, chewing on his lip. If anybody would see Conan with him, he would be dead. But he didn't hesitate to believe that kid would stand up for him either.

"Say, KID... What are these for things?" Conan asked after finishing a delicious dinner, motioning onto his belt, shoes and watch.
"They aren't ordinary, that much I can tell."
KID mused for a moment wether to tell him or not but decided to do so.
"Well... This watch is a narcosechronometer. See, you can open it and aim at someone like that to knock them out. But you have only one needle, so don't ruin it! It also works as a small telephone to contact somebody, has an integrated USB-stick and can be used as a flashlight. But I doubt it'll do too much, the battery isn't that long-lasting. I think there is also a small camera inside tho I cannot tell you how to use that."
Conan stared onto his treasure, positively exited.
"Wow, that's awesome."
KID muttered something about 'not on the other end of the watch' but continued nonetheless.
"Your belt can produce soccer balls. You usually use them to knock out criminals, in addition with your shoes. Those are powerkick shoes which strenghen your kicks horrible much. Your belt can also create one gigantic soccer ball and one that explodes."
He eyed the boy up and his gaze fixated onto his tie.
"And that thing you usually use to imitate someone's voice. Normally combined with knocking said person out, of course. You're some adventurous detective~"
Conan beamed with joy and if it wasn't for the fact their use would have caused attention, he would have tried those things right away.