Disappearance

Conan walked towards the living room after eating lunch and sat down to watch tv. He always did that to wait for his favorite magician to come home.
But the time began to run, long past his usual arrive and Conan worried more and more. By now, two hours had passed. Where was KID?

The detective dialed his number and waited for his boyfriend to pick up.
"Shit... Phone's off..." he murmured and began to think. Did he go over to Aoko? It was possible but the signs he had received spoke against that. There was no reason for KID to turn his phone off if he wanted to spend time with his childhood friend. Hakuba? A possibility, at least a solution to why he was late. But his turned off phone didn't fit the scheme. Detention? Most likely, KID sat way too often in detention. That would have explained the phone.
But much to his dismay, it was already too late for even that.
"Accident? Kidnapping...?" he mused and his heartbeat started to quicken. Kidnapping was close to impossible, nobody kidnaps Kaitou KID. No one was able to even get a hold on him. Accident? With what? These few streets he needed to cross were inside lively areas... somebody would have at least helped.

Conan flashed a glance at the clock, 7pm. He should have been back around 4pm since he had had afternoon classes. What on earth was going on?
All of sudden the doorbell rang and Conan flinched so bad it nearly knocked him off of the couch. The child ran towards the front door and opened it, surprised to see Aoko with Kaito's schoolbag in hands.
"Here... I forgot to bring it sooner. Is Kaito back yet?" she asked, scanning the hallway. Conan took the bag and shook slowly his head.
"No... He hasn't even told me where he went."
"Weird... Usually his errands don't take that long. He pulled a prank on Hakuba-kun today, left with him to save his hair but didn't return. Hakuba-kun said he told him something urgent came up and to pass that on to the teacher."
Conan was since long in detective mode.
"T-thanks, Aokonee-san! Now I gotta-"
"Wait, nobody pays attention on you today! Come on, pack your things, you'll stay with me today until Bakaito gets back."
Conan grew wide eyes and hastily began to flail his arms, "I-it's fine!! I-I can stay-"
"No buts, Conan-kun! Hush!"

Groaning, Conan entered KID's room and gathered a few necessary things. Why? Why couldn't he wait here for his boyfriend?
With a small backpack and the keys in hand, he locked the house behind him and waddled after Aoko like a lost puppy. He wanted to call Hakuba.
"Otou-san! I brought Kaito's little friend! Can he stay over until he is back?"
Nakamori-keibu yelled something about the lines of yes and Aoko gave Conan a gentle push to a guest room.
"Make yourself at home, yes? Dinner is ready soon."
His shoulders slumped down in relief once he was able to close the door and Conan pulled out his phone. KID had saved Hakuba's number for him, just in case anything were to happen and Hattori wasn't aviable.
"Funny, how Hakuba turns out to be the most reliable person for him..." he voiced his thoughts and waited impatiently for the London detective to pick up.

"Moshi-moshi, Hakuba Saguru. How may I assist you?"
"Hakubanii-san?"
"C-Conan-kun?! My, I am certainly surprised. Did you find anything suspicious at Kuroba-kun's house yet?"
Oh, lots of suspicious things, but he definitely wasn't planning on telling him.
"No. Hakubanii-san, Aokonee-san said you were the last one who talked to Kaitonii-san. Did he say anything?"
Almost an instant, Hakuba's voice turned firm. A serious conversation.
"He filled me in that he only helped me to get rid of his hair colour because I was his ticket to a few minutes of peace. Kuroba-kun made a phone call, I tried to listen in after saving my hair but he was too fast. And then, he left with the words something urgent had come up. I didn't see him since and from your question I assume he hasn't returned yet. Where are you?"
Conan sighed and faked his best childish voice.
"I'm staying with Aokonee-san. Thanks for the information!"
"Nothing to thank me for. Colleagues are supposed to help each other out."
Conan hung up after bidding his farewell and started to chew on his lip. Phone call? That could either be Jii or Hattori. Since no KID heist had been announced and it wasn't a reason to turn his phone off, Conan had eliminated all possible solutions and came to the one truth.
KID was with Hattori.

Almost the same second, he dialed his number.
"Shit. Also turned off."
Conan felt anger raising inside him. First of all, KID had disappeared without a word, again. Second, he obviously preferred to be with Hattori. Third, not even Hattori had informed him.
The chibi started to tremble, jealousy blinded his judgement. Hattori was on a date with KID, that bastard.
"Just wait until you get home, KID," he spat with venom, "only because I look like a fucking child doesn't mean I can't slap you like an adult. You better have a good explanation for that...!"

"Conan-kun! Dinner is ready!"
Said one flinched and rolled his eyes but walked downstairs.
"I'm coming!"