two

just like every week, jaebum and jinyoung were going over their schedules to make sure at least one of them would be home with bambam because it was something very important to them.

bambam had always had a bit more trouble being away from his parents than other kids. they didn't mind because they loved spending time with him anyway and it was better so they could raise him how they wanted and not worry about too much influence from daycares or babysitters.

"maybe i can move it to next week," jinyoung suggested, scrambling to grab his phone and call his manager.

but neither of their schedules could change. both men tried to think of something. maybe bambam could go with one of them. the possibility of bambam being seen would be too high.

"i have a friend, and he and his husband have two kids around bam's age. we can take bam to meet them and make sure hey get along and say they'll have a sleep over for a few nights."

mark had always very kindly offered to look after bambam if they ever needed it but jinyoung had always dumbly assumed they wouldn't. jinyoung was proud as he called his friend but he didn't have many other options.

two hours later, bambam was dressed and they were on their way to the wang-tuan household. bambam cried into jaebum's shoulder because he had been taken away from his favorite tv show, especially since he only got one hour of tv time everyday. (but that didn't include when he and his daddy would watch his dada's drama).

"baby, i know, kipper will still be there when we get home. we're going to go meet friends, is that exciting?"

bambam harshly shook his head because he didn't care about "friends", he wanted to stay home. jaebum just kissed the top of his head as he started buckling him up.

"are you sure this is a good idea? bam gets so shy around other kids."

"bum, we don't have many other choices. maybe this will be a good thing that will help him. i don't want to leave him but he can't really come with either of us."

jaebum sighed and just held onto jinyoung's hand as the younger drove.

the house wasn't very far away, leading jaebum to ask what the couple did. "mark works in fashion and jackson produces music."

jinyoung got bambam out of his car seat and carried him, letting jaebum ring the door bell of the fairly large house, similar to their own in size.

"yugyeom, let papa open the door," a voice called before the door was opened and mark was holding back a young boy. "jinyoung, hi."

"hi, mark." mark turned around for a second to pick up the boy behind him before giving his attention back to his friend. "this is jaebum and our son bambam."

"nice to meet you, this is one of my sons yugyeom." another man came running with a boy holding his hand. "my husband jackson and our older son youngjae."

once they all walked into the house and got settled in the living room, bambam had not left his daddy's arms. he stayed in his lap and refused to leave. he looked around cautiously, staring at the other boys as if they were aliens and seemed to be glaring at the tiny white dog they owned.

"bambam, why don't you go play with youngjae and yugyeom?" jinyoung asked but bambam just shook his head. and so they didn't end up with a crying fit, jinyoung didn't push him anymore.

when yugyeom came and pulled on bambam's hand softly, asking if he would play puppies with him and his brother, bambam couldn't refuse. "i be kitty?"

"you can be a kitty!" yugyeom assured him, pulling him upstairs a bit too fast for bambam to keep up.

"he's really cute," jackson told jinyoung and jaebum. "he's older than yugyeom?"

"a few months. bam just is a bit smaller than what he should be and he has a little speech problem but we're making sure he stays caught up."

"well, we have no problem with him staying here. yug and jae seem to love him already."

after telling mark and jackson any little things they maybe have needed to know about their son, the four could relax and talk about something different. until there was a very familiar cry from upstairs.

"daddy! dada!" the voice cried and soon mark and jinyoung were running upstairs. jinyoung picked up his baby, coddling him as he cried while mark was trying to ask his boys what had happened.

"we were playing puppies and yugyeom barked at bambam and bambam got scared and fell," youngjae explained as yugyeom started crying and hugging his papa, babbling about how he didn't meant to hurt bambam.

"i know, baby, it was just an accident," mark told his youngest, rubbing his back to calm him down. he was glad yugyeom was so empathetic in a situation that had obviously not been on purpose.

bambam requested kisses to fix his owie and was very upset when his head still hurt because his dada's kisses always made him feel better.

"go home," bambam said through cries that wouldn't stop. "want go home, dada."

"okay, piggy, let's go home and help your head."

mark apologized profusely but was too everything was okay. "bam hasn't been around many kids, he just got scared. don't worry about it. we were going to head home soon anyway. he's sleepy, anyhow."

jinyoung walked downstairs with bambam still crying into his neck but mark stayed upstairs.

"yugyeom, you know how bambam is older than you? well he's also smaller than you and he gets scared easier than you and youngjae do. so it's not your fault but just remember we have to be a bit more gentle with bambam."

"papa, is bambam hurt?"

"bambam is okay, don't worry about it."

by the time mark got downstairs, the other couple had left, telling jackson they really appreciated them watching bambam for the week and they would drop him off monday morning.

by the time they got home, jinyoung was ready to ice bambam's head and give him some children's tylenol. he did all of that and then let his sleepy baby take a nap because all of the crying obviously wore him out.

"nyoung, it's nothing serious, bam is our strong little boy and he's just fine." jaebum wrapped his arms around jinyoung and held him close. "he'll wake up in an hour and be our happy pig."

and jaebum was right, bambam was running downstairs and hoping into his parents laps with a bright smile on his face.

"hey, bammie, how are you feeling?" jaebum asked, brushing down the boys crazy hair.

bambam gave a short answer of, "good" before changing the subject to what he had dreamed about.

jinyoung listened until he had something to say once bambam was done. he never cut bambam off because it was discouraging to the boy, just like any kid. they wanted him to speak a lot because it was good for his learning.

"bambam, what did you think of mark, jackson, youngjae, and yugyeom?" bambam didn't seem to have much of an opinion on the four. "would you want to have a sleep over with them for a few nights? daddy and dada have to go away for work."

bambam, their little crybaby, started to tear up at the thought of not being with his dads.

"i know, baby, but you can't come with us. and you can make some friends. yugyeom seems to really like you."