8: On the Phone

A few more hours had passed. Sonic was finished shopping with a very, very grateful Scourge, and they were back in Sonic's house.

Actually, Scourge was asleep. He'd claimed the couch as his temporary bed, and was still not in the best shape. So by the time he'd gotten into a pair of his new sweat pants and t-shirt, he was both too sleepy and comfortable to stay awake voluntarily.

Sonic was imagining all of the dogs he'd adopt with Scourge, when he took a look at his purposely-muted phone.

'Five missed calls and a text from Manic, two missed calls from Silver. Why? It couldn't have been that bad for me to go out for one day,' Sonic thought.

Then he remembered yet again: 'Oh. Right. I never even texted Manic to check on him. I hope I didn't worry him too much...'

Nervous, Sonic called Manic's phone.

Manic immediately answered, expressing how concerned he was and asking where his brother had gotten to.

"I even came by the house in case you were there, but nobody answered, not even Tails! I was so worried!"

Sonic felt guilty. "Tails was out getting more materials for his projects. I..."

Then, Sonic looked at Scourge, who was still calmly sleeping away. How would Manic ever forgive him if he admitted that he'd spent the day trying to kiss up to his crush? Manic was supposed to be one of his main concerns, not just some minor errand.

So, Sonic finished his statement, "I was helping a friend with an emergency. My phone was on mute. I'm sorry for this, I just got sidetracked."

Manic sighed, believing his brother. "Okay, I'm not angry or anything. I just worry, you know? You're always out doing something on some dangerous adventure, and knowing that, I can't help getting scared that something will go wrong."

"There's nothing to worry about, bro. I've got everything under control. By the way, was everything ok with you, today? Besides the worry, I mean."

"Besides worry... Yeah, I guess."

"Great! As long as you're okay, we're all good!"

Manic facepalmed. "Sonic, I'm not exactly-"

Sonic turned his attention to Scourge when he heard the couch creak.

'Did I wake him up?' Sonic thought.

Soon, Scourge settled again and resumed snoring.

Smiling softly at his crush, Sonic went to grab a blanket. Once he came back, he carefully laid the blanket over Scourge and stepped back.

'He looks so peaceful,' Sonic happily thought.

After a few more minutes of watching Scourge, Sonic realized that Manic was still on the phone. He put the phone back to his ear-

"-things were getting crazy."

Finally, Sonic responded, "Hey, that's great, Manic."

Manic was shocked. "Wait, this is great? You don't think anything's wrong?"

"Nah, I'm not worried, not troubled, everything is fine by me."

"Everything is fine?"

"Yeah. Now, I've got a few things to get done here. Take care of yourself, alright?"

Manic said, "Alright," and Sonic hung up.

'Manic didn't need a check up. What was I so worried for? Now, I can spend more quality time with Scourge.'

~Somewhere Not-So-Far Away~

One clawed, muscular hand held a map. The other held a device, which helped the user to travel through different dimensions.

'Ugh... Still not the right one. Why won't this thing take me straight to Moebius? I've been at this since I got the thing last year!'

Ringed eyes read the device. No, he wasn't in Moebius. But, he was in Mobius.

'Wait... if this is Mobius, I'm on the planet that that Sonic guy lives on. And he's supposed to be some hero... Maybe he knows what happened to my friends. I'd give so much just to know where my poor Mo Mo's gotten to.'

The glowing yellow figure decided: he'd go and search for Sonic. If anyone had answers, surely it would be the world's favorite hedgehog.