10: Familiar

The glowing yellow figure walked around the dark city, still struggling with his map.

'Dammit, I hate these things,' he thought, feeling frustrated. 'I've gotta be getting close by now. How far could this guy's house be?'

The figure was even more frustrated, as he knew he couldn't simply run or fly to his destination because he was awful at reading maps. He'd made so many wrong turns, and was convinced he'd gone in several circles.

Finally, after walking for what felt like forever, the figure halted. He looked around, sniffing.

Something in the air smelled familiar. It was very, very faint, but familiar.

Growing hopeful, he thought, 'Could it really be what I'm thinking? Has my little brother been here? That's seems way too good to be true, both my brother and the blue guy being near here. But I swear, I can smell him...'

The figure followed the faint trail, forgetting to follow the map and growing more sure of himself.

'No, that's him, I know it!' Now certain he was on the right track, the figure began running.

'I'm coming for ya, Scourge!'

~The Next Day~

Manic noticed that Silver was in a better mood than usual as they sat, talking about their families.

Coming as a large surprise to Manic, Silver's family was... less than ideal. Silver was far more interested in what Manic's early life was like, so Manic told about his memories of his mother and what little he was told of his father.

"To this day, I don't know where either of them are. But, I was told that both of them were pretty good people," Manic finished.

Silver, intrigued, asked, "Hey, what about siblings? Is Sonic the only one you have?"

Manic sighed. "Well, no. I actually have a sister. We're triplets."

Having thought that Sonic and Manic were twins (rather than 2 of a 3 set), this was surprising. "I wouldn't have guessed. What's your sister like?"

"Last time I saw her? Hm, I remember her being really strong physically, like, stronger than I am, now. That was her power. Along with that, she had martial arts training and was pretty tough. At the same time, she was a girly-girl. She loved skirts and dresses, she wanted to be in ballet, and she had a small obsession with jewelry."

"Where is she now? Do you know?"

Just then, there was a knock on the door.

"Oh, that should be Shadow. He told me he'd come over here, today," Silver said as Manic went to answer the door.

It turned out to be Shadow.

"Hey, Shadow. Silver told me you'd be here," Manic said, letting Shadow in.

Shadow's muzzle went pink upon hearing about Silver. "I was just fixing some stuff up at my house. Could I steal a few cookies from the fridge?"

The cookies that Manic always had stocked up in his fridge were the best Shadow had ever tasted, and usually Shadow didn't like cookies very much.

"I told you already where I got them, why not buy some?"

"They taste better when someone else buys them."

Manic smiled, "Go ahead, Shadow."

After Shadow thanked Manic and used a napkin to grab four of the cookies, he joined Silver at the table.

"Hey, Shadow," Silver said, smiling.

Shadow blushed more. "Hey, Sil."

Before Manic could continue his conversation, there was another knock on the door.

'Who could it be this time? I didn't invite anyone here,' Manic thought. He answered the door again.

But this time...

"OH MY GOOOOOOSH!"

Shadow and Silver quickly run to where they heard Manic scream.

And they were surprised to see him hugging a hedgehog girl with magenta quills and pink hair.

A/N: Can anyone guess who it is?