19: Pink-Haired Angel

"And apparently Mephiles and Fleetway aren't dangerous so long as they're together. That's about all I know."

Sonic finished telling about his unwanted guests. Scourge, Shadow, Silver, Sonia, Manic, and Fleetway had joined the group.

To Sonic's disappointment, Scourge had decided to sit with his old friends, sitting to Manic's left. Fleetway was sitting to Manic's right.

"So are Mephiles and Fleetway dating...?" Wave asked.

This shocked Fleetway. "Dating? Nonononono, we're not dating, we're just friends. Just really good friends."

"Really?" Sonia asked, surprised. "I was convinced that you were Mephiles's boyfriend."

As Sonia left to use the bathroom, Knuckles spoke up, "Where exactly is Mephiles? I don't trust that he's some saint now."

Mephiles then teleported into the house, carrying a very oversized teddy bear and grinning wide.

No one said anything and watched as Mephiles walked to the sofa that Fleetway was sitting on, sat the bear down, then sat beside Fleetway.

Still grinning.

Fleetway couldn't help smiling. "What happened, Mo?"

Mephiles, happy to tell, answered, "The bear was on clearance sale. This," Mephiles held up the bear, "was on. Sale. It's so cute!"

Manic looked at the big stuffed animal. "Might be cheaper because it's eyes and nose are missing."

Indeed, the bear's eyes and nose were nowhere in sight.

"Well, that is a very easy fix, I only need some black felt and thread... Actually, I should fix it now. I'll be right back."

Mephiles disappeared again.

"Wow... He is a lot less scary than I remember." Rouge said.

"He's a really nice guy when you get to know him." Fleetway responded. "When he told me about the stuff he'd done, it was pretty hard to believe. Sure, I knew he could do some crazy things if he tried, but it was pretty out-of-character for him."

Manic and Scourge snorted, smirking at Fleetway.

"... what?"

Manic answered, "You so have the hots for him."

"Shut up, Manic!"

*Knock Knock Knock*

Sonic answered the door.

Tails came in with Espio.

"Hi, everybody!" Tails said, carrying grocery bags of building materials.

"Hello, everyone," Espio said, happy to have finished shedding.

Sonic remembered something. "Tails, I have a surprise for you. Guess who came to the party."

Tails looked around. "Just about everyone I'd expect is here. What's the surprise?"

"Sonia's here."

Tails was shocked. "Are you serious? Sonia?" Tails turned to Manic. "Manic, is he joking? Sonia is here?"

Manic nodded, causing Tails to smile.

Tails, for some reason, loved Sonia. He thought of her as a cousin, and was always happy to see her.

Then, he realized: "Oh, wait, if Sonia's here, I need to hurry and finish my project. I'll be back in about half an hour, don't tell her I'm here!"