e i g h t

Getting out of the grey marbled bath-tub was a pain because it had felt so comfortable and warm that it almost lulled me to sleep. I went to the double sinks and picked the left one with the makeup mirror before blow drying and straighten my hair, applying little makeup as usual.

Slipping into a pair of black jeans and a loose beige sweater, I quickly grabbed my usual purse on the way out seeing as most of my stuff hadn't been completely moved in yet. I glanced over the bed and realised that Noah hadn't come to bed or maybe he had slept somewhere else. Worry gnawed in my stomach for him but I simply shooed it away before descending the stairs.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice bouncing off the walls.

No answer.

I shrugged and left the house, strutting with a pair of black stilettos towards the other house where men were changing shifts or they were going out for runs, shirtless. I bit my lip and entered the house through the back before glancing around for Noah. I frowned when he was nowhere in sight.

I approached one of the built men and tapped on his shoulder. "Where's Noah?"

The man raised a brow, his Spanish accent rolling off his tongue perfectly. "In his study."

I thanked him and asked the other men for directions to Noah's study and to my surprise it was in the basement. Knocking on the wooden doors, a rough 'come in' sounded from behind and I slowly opened it, surprised at the small, minimalistic space compared to his other office.

Noah's hair was dishevelled as if he has ran his hand through it multiple times and black bags pulled under his eye. He glanced at me up and down before frowning. "What are you doing here?"

I bit my lip. "I was just...checking on you."

Noah's lips quirked in surprise. "Wow, Astoria Moretti is checking up on me."

I rolled my eyes. "Didn't you sleep?"

Noah shook his head and waved a few papers in the air for me to see. "I've been dealing with the merge and advertising. I don't have time to sleep."

I clenched my jaw and stalked over to him, taking the pieces of paper from his hand and slammed it on the table. He only stared at me, wordless as I grabbed his wrist and pulled him with all the strength I had towards his private estate. We passed by his men who only glanced at us with a frown and confusion and Noah kept quiet but I could feel his intense eyes at the back of my head.

Once we reached his bedroom, I sat him on the bed. "Sleep."

Noah blinked at me like a child. "I have things to do."

I scoffed. "I don't care, sleep is important. Please, Noah."

Noah stared at me for a second too long as he sighed as if knowing I always got my way before tucking himself under the blankets. I smiled to myself patted his head. "Are you off to meet your father?"

I simply nodded. "Can I have the car keys?"

Noah glared at me. "Ask for Javier and he'll give you his car keys and if he doesn't, tell him I said I'm not going to give him the car he always wanted for Christmas."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Thank you."

Noah nodded, biting his lip as he glanced away from me.

Javier had reluctantly given me the car keys to his Audi R8 and prayed in Spanish that I didn't crash his car. I had rolled my eyes at him and given him a smile before taking off.

It was about a forty minute drive from Noah's estate to the Moretti's family estate that my father had built close to my father's private home. Biting my lip and slipping out of the Audi, I took off my sunglasses when I reached the guard house and the second they recognised me, they let me pass.