t w e n t y - s i x

It's been a week and a half since everything went down and the moment Fran had discovered about the truth of our family. True to his word, he had discharged himself from the military and joined the Moretti gang where he was now my adviser, alongside Karlo. A few of my men were not happy with this decision seeing as Fran wasn't familiar with how things worked around here but that was up to Karlo to teach him the ropes. As for my father, he has yet to find out due to his lengthy vacation with my mother in one of the islands but when he returned, I knew he was going to lecture me.

Since that week, Noah and I officially merged our company together and has been the talk of the public. Noah was a bit hesitant about the merge seeing as he was beginning to become more paranoid and whenever I had asked about it, he would only tell me it was nothing and that he was fine. I decided to not push it seeing as it would've pushed him to the edge because he has yet to find out who was behind the hit-list on Juliette.

Other than that, it was a peaceful week for me as I finally gotten used to the routine of going to my office every other day for work then going to the Moretti house every night to discuss meetings, shipments and routes with my brother and Karlo.

Today was a beautiful day because Malcom, my assistant, had informed me that my company was successful in reaching our sales rates. It has been like that since our company has merged and Noah and I had discussed the new name for our company and we went with the most original name ever, note the sarcasm. Moretti-Bellucci Inc.

Malcom handed me a glass of water as he sat across from me, showing me how high the sales have reached ever since our companies have merged. Yes, our companies have merged so that increased our sales rates, our reputation and media rumours.

I suddenly felt nauseous as I rubbed my temples, the urge to throw up riding up my throat faster than yesterday. I held a hand up to Malcom and as if he knew, he grabbed a bucket I had kept nearby and handed it to me, allowing me to throw up in the bucket.

"Was it something you ate?" Malcolm questioned before taking out a spray of air freshener and sprayed it around my office to get rid of the smell.

I shook my head. "I had the same thing this morning and it was oatmeal."

Malcom frowned before biting his lip nervously. "You should try it."

I knew what he was talking about as I sighed, pulling out a pregnancy stick out of my bag then began to head for the bathroom. "Stay here and don't move."

Malcom saluted me.

I returned five minutes later and placed the pregnancy stick on my table on top of a tissue, pacing around my office as I took in short breaths. Seeing as I came to my office more often, Malcom was the only member of the company that I considered a friend and he went over the top to help me through the stress by staying long hours and working overtime without asking for more pay.

"Now, we wait for three minutes," Malcom stated the obvious as he cracked his knuckles.

Three agonising, long minutes passed and it was time, evident in the alarm on my phone that had begun ringing.

Malcom gave me some reassuring words and I suddenly felt emotional as my trembling hands picked up the pregnancy stick.

Two lines.

Positive.

Malcom looked over my shoulder and slightly gasped and when I turned around numbly, Malcom had a huge smile plastered on his face. "Congratulations!"

I bit my lip. "Do you have another one?" I still didn't know how to feel in this exact moment.

Malcom tilted his head in confusion as he nodded before going over to my draw and revealed another pregnancy stick. He handed it to me, grabbing the already tested one from my hands and ushered me to the bathroom.

This explained why I haven't gotten my period this month and why I vomited two days in a row. It was supposed to come four days ago and I thought it just arrived a bit late.

As I tried it again and waited for three minutes, I tested positive and it dawned on me that I was carrying a fetus inside me. The panic and anxiety slowly faded as a small smile crawled onto my lips as I spun around to face Malcom as we both squealed in delight.

"You're pregnant!" he exclaimed out loud,

"I am!" I exclaimed in return with the same excitement. Then I paused. "How am I going to tell Noah?"

Malcolm shrugged. "We can play a complex game or you can just blurt it out."

I shook my head. "I'll wait and tell him when it's the right time."

-

On my way home, I hid the pregnancy tests in my purse before walking inside the house where Noah had been cooking a meal for us. He beamed at me as I walked in, sliding the pasta onto a plate before greeting me with a kiss on the cheek.

"How's my princess?" he questioned as he took off his apron and slid into the seat beside me.

I bit my lip and smiled at him, suddenly feeling more affectionate than usual as I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes for a little while. "I'm good. I just wanted to tell you that I appreciate you."

Noah chuckled, his shoulders slightly shaking. "I appreciate you too, princess. Now, eat up."

I listened as Noah told me about his day and how his assistant -a male- was telling him about his partner and how she was driving him crazy. Noah had then proceeded to tell his assistant to break up with his partner if he got sick of her and then had resigned as his assistant. I had laughed when he told me the story, shaking my head in amusement before informing him that he was bad at giving advice but he was a perfect listener.

After my shower, Noah had said that he needed to get something done with Javier at the main house which led me to being in our private house alone. I had tried to come up with a plan to surprise Noah with my news but at the same time, I was nervous on how we would react. We hadn't even talked about children, let alone our life together as a married couple.

All that thinking made me get anxiety which then produced an urge to drink wine but since I wasn't able to, I resulted to orange juice.

A notification popped up on my phone, making me frown as I grabbed it on the other side of the counter and checked it. It was a message from Fran, saying that the next shipment was going to come in tomorrow night.

I bit my lip, knowing that now my unborn child was going to be in danger if the underground world knew of this child. This child would literally be an heir to both crowns of both families; two important and powerful families that run the illegal activities in the underground world.

I needed to be careful with this secret that I had to keep because if this information got out into the wrong hands, my life -along with my child's- would be in more danger that I already was.

I glanced down at my flat stomach and placed a hand over it as I slowly inhaled then exhaled, caressing my stomach gently. In a way, I had always wanted a child, to raise one and shower it with love and affection but also teach them the realities of life and the hard work for money. I had always wanted to raise my child with the love of my life and now, fate has given me that chance to do so, to make my dream come true and who was I to turn away from it?

"Let's hope your daddy is proud of what he's done," I whispered to my stomach, chuckling to myself at what I had just said.

The exciting part was picking out the name but what I dreaded most was a small human coming out of my uterus.