e i g h t e e n

I had rung my brother about a million times and he had yet picked up. I was starting to get frustrated at the fact that my brother went MIA on me so I decided to take this advantage and head to the Moretti's family house where Karlo had been awaiting for my arrival.

"Shit's hit the roof with your brother, huh?" Karlo questioned once I got out of the car and handed me a file as I flicked through it, my jaw clenching at the mention of my brother.

I sighed and walked inside the house, a few of my men bowing their head in respect for me as I walked past them. A few men were geared up as they saluted me before walking out of the house, probably on their way to hunt for my brother. "You don't even know the half of it."

As I walked inside my office, I couldn't help but breathed a sigh in relief at the spacious room, my eyes dancing around the brightly-lit room as I settled in the office chair near the enormous window that had the perfect view of the land.

I tied my hair back and flicked through the documents again, frowning. "Tell me, what's the update on the shipments?"

Karlo took a seat on the other side of the table, sighing in distress. "I went to check the route for myself yesterday and it seems like someone hijacked it."

I rubbed my temples. "Did you find out who it was?"

Karlo shook his head. "No, but your men are on it. They're currently suspecting Mr. Smith who runs a hairdresser boutique. He has just started in this industry and my sources say he's hunger to get big is consuming him."

I eyed Karlo, nodding at his intel. "Great. Bring him in for questioning."

Karlo raised a brow at me. "How should we do it?"

I almost laughed at Karlo's unnecessary question. "We run a gang, Karlo, there is no mercy in this industry. Make it hurt."

Karlo smirked, nodding before I signed the documents as he left me to my own thoughts, closing the doors behind him.

As I spun around in my chair, I stared out the window and allowed my haunting thoughts to consume me. I bit my lip and rubbed my temples, feeling a headache coming on as I took out my phone and unconsciously dialled Noah without hesitation in my fingers.

He picked up after the first ring. "Princess, what's up?"

"I'm still mad at you but I want a hug," I said, the words tumbling out of my mouth. "I'm at Moretti's family house."

"Be right there," was the final words he had said before hanging up on me.

I must've fallen asleep on my chair because by the time I woke up, a knock sounded from the door, hauling my ass out of my dreams. I cleared my throat and told the intruder to come in. The door opened, revealing a very worried Noah at the doorframe before walking inside me, thanking the man who guided him to my office.

"Are you okay?" Noah asked, his eyes scanning for any wounds before relief flooded through him when I was completely safe.

I nodded, getting off my office chair. "I'm okay. I just want a hug."

Noah chuckled, taking off his suit jacket and placed it on one of the chairs before making his way towards my office chair and sat on it. He patted his lap and I crinkled my nose at him. "I was expecting a standing-up hug."

Noah shook his head in amusement. "Come on, I won't bite."

I rolled my eyes, too exhausted to argue with him after everything that had happened early in the morning in his office so I took a seat on his lap, cautiously. I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist, pulling me in closer to him as I laid my head on his chest. His heart was beating rapidly against his chest.