I

This will be my only beginning A/N.

This is a tribute story to Midnightwishes. I wish you all the love and happiness in the world, and hope you're able to enjoy your next great adventure. Rest in peace, sweetheart.

This story was originally going to be my very first fanfiction, but I lost motivation when I lost my friend. I made a hard switch to the Naruto/Pokemon fandom, and found it difficult to return to FMA.

When I clearing out my drop box, I found this old story again, and... well, here we are.

This story is a slow build up.

This is NOT an EdOC, AlOC, or RoyOC story. I am perfectly happy with their canonical pairings.

Beta: Taintedletter

Disclaimer: I do not own Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood AT ALL. Elizabeth belongs to Midnightwishes, but I'll be borrowing her for this journey.

Warnings: All the same warnings that come with being in the FMA Brotherhood universe: death, trauma, violence, language, abuse, etc. Beware of possible triggers.

Genres: Friendship, Family, Comfort

Note about canon / AU: This is to clarify the established canon in my story.

In the manga / wiki it's stated that Pride is able to adjust the age range of his container by around 5ish years. I'm going to go ahead and AU it so that he can freely adjust the age of his container to whatever he wants it to be.

Did you know that Bradley's first name is King? I did not until I checked the wiki, so führer Bradley is named King Bradley here.

Mrs. Bradley will also get a lovely first name, because she very much deserves it: Katherine.

Lastly, King Bradley genuinely loves his wife.

Smart!OC, so if you don't like reading about OCs with high levels of book-smart intelligence, this won't be your cup of tea.

ò)*:・゚✧

Death was not the end, nor the beginning. It was a bump in the road, an interlude in the story.

Dying did not mean one ceased to exist, but rather, one's existence changed.

Memories are not meant to survive the transformation, but there are always exceptions. When taking the first breath in a new body, one can usually remember the last breath in the old body.

But too soon what defined the previous life will fade away, and the new life will be given a (mostly) blank slate.

They'll likely still retain some knowledge, some experiences, or information too vital to forget. Maybe they'll remember the face of their lover, or their talent for music. Maybe they'll be drawn to an old friend, or they'll retain unexplainable fear over a past lives trauma.

Someone terrified of the ocean might have drowned in their previous life.

A man or women overcome with unshakable insecurities might have been cruelly hurt before.

Regardless, death and birth did not mark the end or beginning for one's existence.

It simply meant a change in scenery for that soul.

This is the journey of one such soul being born in a world it was not meant to be a part of.

It, like all the others, knew it had been reborn at first.