Sword-master And I

Chapter 30

Wei Li Lian
Princess Le-anne
Capital Bridge 

Memories are a funny thing. We cannot touch them, yet they are held in our heart; they cannot be seen, yet our minds behold them.

It was only a couple of years before, not so long ago when Le-anne laughed in her beloved's arms. Not much time had passed since meeting one another yet it felt like they had known each other for eternity.

"One... two... three." Le-anne selectively dropped the collected stones in her hand into each lined up cup. "One... two... three." She pushed back the lock of hair that was bugging her face.

"One... two... I win!" she screamed and abruptly jumped into the air in immense celebration. "I win! I win and sword-master, you have lost," she squealed loudly and happily threw herself on him.

"Impossible. No!" her beloved refused.

"Yes, yes, yes!" she guffawed and loosened her body over him in elation. He set on the mattress of the room she had pulled him to when he had been deeply injured, a few weeks ago. The room was a deserted thatched hut that her and Spring used to escape to when they came up the mountains. It was a dark room with cascaded wine clay pots and few merchandise that one could use to survive off from. That was what Spring had stored for them in preparation for the escapades they would have in future, which never happened.

"Ah!..." he winced as he huddled over her.

Oh no.

In her excitement she had forgotten that he was her patient who was still in the process of recovering from his wound.

"Duì bù qǐ[sorry]," she quickly backed away from him and bent herself to examine if she had tore open his wound. "Duì bù qǐ," she remorsefully repeated herself.

His hands playfully brushed hers which were examining his wound, an act she was getting accustomed to whenever she neared him. He enjoyed to maintain contact with her. Quickly, she put back the herbs and the bandaging material back in place, her face reddening.

He tilted his head. "How do you know how to speak the Nevorian language so well?" The so mesmerizing eyes she could not hold a staring competition with scrutinized her. "Is our lotus flower not from Furia?"

She blushed at one of the nicknames that he loved to use on her.

"I'm not from Furia," she shook her head. "Just because I have big eyes and ears does not mean that I am of that descent."

"But―"

"Father tells me that as I mature, my features will become like any other person's."

"But so do Furian people's features develop that way into adulthood," he rightly opposed her.

"I am not from Furia!" she whined and started to punch him to which he faked to feel pain.

"How could niangzi[wife] be so shameless to hit liangzi[husband]?" He then swiftly pulled her to him and balled her over into his arms to tickle her. Le-anne's sensitive torso reacted acutely to his prodding by her breaking into loud guffaws.

"Stop," she bizarrely laughed, feeling out of breath. "Stop.. stop... please." She insanely cackled, unable to control herself. "Sword-master stop!"

Sword-Master was what she called him because of how great he had been with the sword when saving her.

"Don't call me that or my sword-master will not be so happy." He placed her down. "I am still a student."

"Then why are you here and not with sen-shang[1]?"