How Do I Tell You?

How do I tell you that I don't love you, but the picture of you with someone else haunts my nights?

How do I tell you that I don't want to hinder you, but the thought of you not thinking of us kills me?

How do I tell you that I don't blame you, but I need a day to heal from all the lies you've told me?

How do I tell you that I don't want to be with you, but the idea of never seeing you again makes me want to cry?

How do I tell you that I don't see a future with you, but neither do I see it with anyone else if not you?

How do I tell you that I don't understand you, but I don't really understand myself either?

How do I tell you that I don't hate you, but my heart resents the open wounds that bleed you?

How do I tell you that I don't miss you, but it's taking a toll on me to pretend to be a fighter?

How do I tell you that I don't mean to be cynic, but I'm terrified of wanting something I may never have?

How do I tell you that I don't want to move on, but letting you go is the only way to show you I'm brave?

How do I tell you that I don't care if you don't call me, but every time I close my eyes, I hear you call my name?

How do I tell you that I won't wait for you, but while you're gone, I will be drowning in pain?

How do I tell you that you're not my priority because I am my longest commitment?

How do I tell you that you're not my all because that means without you, I am no longer whole?