Pigs Eat Anything

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy frowned when he walked into the library on Saturday and there was nobody at the front desk. He cleared his throat but got nothing, so he sighed and spoke loudly.

"Anyone here?"

It took a minute, but Lorelei finally came walking out of the back room and Happy felt his blood pressure go up at the sight of her in a pair of black leggings and a faded Grateful Dead t-shirt that was snug in all the right places. He noticed that instead of the tight bun her hair was always in, she had it in some kind of loose one on the top of her head, the loose curls falling around her face making him want to wrap it around his hands. He lifted a brow and chewed on his toothpick for a moment as she stopped in front of him at the desk.

"Hi! Sorry, I was in the back working."

He nodded. "Where's Hildie?"

She grinned. "Well, on Saturday, I'm the only one here and only for half the day."

He nodded again. "That why you're dressed like you are?"

Lorelei looked down at herself before looking back up and nodding. "Yup. I can dress how I like on Saturdays." She motioned for him to follow her as she turned and walked back the way she had come. "I have a book on my desk that I've been saving for you. It's on Vlad The Impaler. He's a favorite of mine."

Happy smirked as he followed behind her, only partly sorry that they didn't need to go upstairs. On the one hand, he wouldn't be able to watch her ass in the leggings as she climbed the stairs, but on the other, he was pretty sure that he might actually be able to touch her again. He took the toothpick out of his mouth and threw it in a trash can that he walked by as they both stopped by a desk full of clutter. His stomach knotted at how messy it was, wondering how she ever found anything on it. Happy was a clean freak, so much so that Tig accused him of having OCD, which may or may not be true. He just liked to have everything in its place.

He ignored the messy desk as she picked up a thick book and handed it to him. "I hope you enjoy this as much as I did." When he chuckled quietly, she blushed and looked down at her sneakers. "I know, I sound like a weirdo, but honestly, I love the science behind it and the art."

Happy shook his head as he put a finger under her chin to lift her gaze back to his. "Nah, you're not weird." 

He thought he might combust when she stared at his lips and licked her own, making his eyes narrow into slits. He watched her swallow hard and grinned, assuming that he was making her nervous, which seemed to be the correct assumption when she started babbling and refused to look at him.

"Did you know that pigs will eat anything? I saw an episode of Criminal Minds once, where this serial killer fed the people he killed to the pigs. They ate it all, even... "

He cut her off when he took her face in both hands and leaned down to place his lips on hers. He heard her sigh as she seemed to melt against him, her hands coming up around his neck to anchor them together as his own stayed on her face. He knew that once he started touching her, he wouldn't want to stop, and honestly, he wanted to enjoy the moment with her. When he finally did lift his head, he stared down into green eyes that seemed to be peering into his soul. He cleared his throat as he continued to stare at her. 

"Come for a ride with me."

Lorelei shook her head. "I can't close for another hour and besides, I don't date, Happy."

He grinned and nodded. "I know but this isn't a date. Just a ride. I want you on the back of my bike, Lori."

She chewed on her lip as she thought for a moment before finally nodding. "Okay, but I still can't close for an hour."

With a cocky smirk on his face, Happy stepped back and sat down in a chair by her desk. "Then I'll wait."

Lorelei sighed and shook her head as she sat down behind her desk and pulled an open ledger to her. She worked for a few minutes before glancing up to see him watching her intently. "Are you just going to sit there and stare at me?"

He grinned a slow grin and nodded. "Yup. I have the best view in town." He pointed to the notebook in front of her. "More working, less talking. You're interrupting my daydreaming."

She rolled her eyes at him. "And just what are you daydreaming about?"

His grin got wider as he slowly shook his head. "Babe, you do not want me to answer that."

Lorelei glared at him as she threw an eraser at his head. "I told you that I don't date."

Happy gave her an incredulous look. "Lori, I don't give a shit if you date or not. We've been panting after each other since the first moment I walked in here, so do us both a favor and don't try to deny it. You know as well as I do what's going to happen, it's just a matter of when."

Lorelei shook her head. "You really think that you're that hard to resist?"

Happy winked at her and smirked. "Nope. I think you are. At this point I'd run over anyone, including you and your own hesitation, to get to you."

He watched as her eyes softened and her lips flirted with a smile. "Now you're just sweet-talking me."

He chuckled. "Lori, I don't sweet talk anyone." He stood up and held out a hand. "Come on. It's been an hour, so let's lock up and go for that ride."