Miscellaneous Tips

Hello! As we draw to the close of this book, I have some final words of advice. These don't fit under a theme and are more general, hence 'Miscellaneous'.

1. Don't infodump

Your readers don't need to know all about the Five Ancient Battles within three seconds of starting the book. Sprinkling little bits of history throughout the dialogue and story will make your reader less bored. The last thing you want is your readers hitting the back button on the story you've slaved over for months.

2. Consider what is really necessary

There is no point creating a black market or the orc's favourite music if it's not going to be relevant, or an important part of the story. Why put more time than is already necessary into something you won't use? Do yourself a favour.

3. Don't overdo the worldbuilding!

I'm guilty of this. I love worldbuilding. That's why I created this book. But worldbuilding to the point of knowing minute details that won't be important to the story is too far. Make sure to actually write the epic story your epic world deserves!

Any questions? Please comment or PM me, I'm happy to help!

Next time, on Your Wonderful Guide to World Building - Resources! A masterlist of apps, websites, blogs and other Wattpad books that I highly recommend you check out.

Goodbye!